10 Foods that Support Brain Health is brought to you in partnership with vivaNUTRITION. All opinions are my own.
10 Foods that Support Brain Health
We have all heard the saying, “You are what you eat.” but is it actually correct. Absolutely! The foods we eat play a huge part in maintaining or sabotaging a healthy lifestyle. All parts of your body need to be fed properly to grow and function. Food gives your body life.
There are specific foods that you can eat that will support good brain health. Your brain needs proper nourishment to help you fight off disease, stay sharp and focused and get enough sleep. The foods you eat have good and bad affects on you gut health. If you eat properly and keep a healthy gut in turn will support your your brain health, too.
These 10 foods that support brain health are rich in antioxidants, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. They provide energy and aid in protecting you against brain diseases that can affect your health. So when we focus on giving our bodies whole, nutritious foods benefiting both the gut and the brain, we’re actually benefiting our minds and bodies while keeping them both in tip-top shape.
- Dark Chocolate – Recently I read an article where Registered Dieticians shared what they eat on a daily basis. All of them responded with Dark Chocolate. That got me excited. I knew Dark Chocolate had health benefits and now I know it supports Brain Health, too. You don’t need to over indulge. One ounce of a minimally processed cacao rich (at least70%) dark chocolate each day will support your brain health. Chocolate is get it’s healthy benefits from all of the natural flavonols, which have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It’s also improves blood flow to your heart and brain.
- Broccoli – Also known to kids as “Little Green Trees”. Don’t turn your nose up just yet. Brocolli when cooked correctly tastes great and is full of vitamin K and choline to support your brain health. One cup provides 150% of the recommended daily allowoance of vitamin C and it will fill you up and help your gut health due to its high fiber content.
- Beets – This root vegetable is absolutely delicious roasted. You will be surprised by the sweetness that the roasting brings out in them. Ditch those canned beets your mom used to make and turn on the oven for the best flavor and brain health benefits. They reduce inflammation, are full of antioxidants and help rid your blood of toxins. Beet naturally contain nitrates that can help boost blood flow to the brain and improve focus and memory.
- Green Leafy Vegetables – You know mom is always right! When she told you to eat your vegetables, she knew what she was talking about. Green, leafy vegetables are full of vitamins A and K. They support brain health by fighting inflammation.
- Avocado – Avocados are the original super fruit. There are full of healthy fats. Eating avocados can help prevent blood clots and stroke. You can improve your memory and concentration by consuming avocados because they are full of vitamin K, Vitamin C and Vitamin B.
- Salmon – Packed full of omega-3 fatty acids salmon can support your brain health by improving memory and preventing brain fog.
- Egg Yolks – Eat the whole egg. Yolks are good for you. The vitamin Choline is found in egg yolks. Choline supports fetal brain development during pregnancy.
- Blueberries – This little berry is packed full of anti-oxidants, vitamin C and vitamin K. Because of their high levels of Gallic acid blueberries are a food source that protects your brain from stress and keeps it strong and healthy,
- Walnuts – Eat walnuts daily to support your mental alertness. Walnuts contain vitamin E and are rich in antioxidants that have been known to help prevent Alzheimer’s.
- Celery – Another vegetable that has hidden health benefits. Celery is low in calories, but high in antioxidants and polysaccharides. It helps prevent inflammation and may beven help with joint pain, and gut health.
10 Foods that Support Brain Health
Each of us has different tastes and food preferences. If you are struggling to eat foods that support brain health you can add a nutritional supplement like, DHA Brain Health for Adults.
- Each vivaNUTRITION DHA capsules deliver 300 mg of vegetarian DHA in a smooth, and easy -to-swallow soft gel format which:
- Supports a healthy mood which in turn helps to aid proper digestion*
- Supports the brain and proper nervous system function*
- Supports memory recall associated with normal, non disease related to aging*
- Triglyceride form for better absorption of essential omega-3s*
- From sustainable, farmed algae and not from fish
- No fishy aftertaste.
- No Heavy Metals.
- Doctor recommended.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.