This post is brought to you by Sunoco
One of my favorite Christmas songs is Home for the Holidays as sung by the Carpenters –
There’s Oh, there’s no place like home for the holidays,
For no matter how far away you roam –
When you long for the sunshine of a friendly gaze,
For the holidays – you can’t beat home, sweet home!
Doesn’t that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? These lyrics running through my head, make me wish we could go home for the holidays more than once a year.
There’s no place like home for the holidays! Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother’s house we go. But wait, did we check the tires? Pack the emergency bag? Many of the small details are bound to slip our minds as we head home for the holidays. No matter if you travel across the country or just across town, it’s always great to go home for the holidays.
Christmas will be here before you know it and with all the hustle and bustle of preparing for the season, we sometimes forget about the little things we need to do to make our holiday trips safe and successful. We have a few safety tips for you to think about before you pack up the car and head home for the holidays this Christmas season.
10 Holiday Car Travel Tips!
- Check all of the fluids, tire pressure and get your oil changed.
- Clean all of the glass in the car inside and out.
- Check your head lights, turn signals, brake lights and tail lights are in working order.
- Make sure you have all of your up to date insurance and registration papers just in case you need them
- Fill up with gas at your local station use the Gas Station Locator page for fill ups along your route.
- Take frequent breaks for stretching and the restroom.
- Bring your own snack and drinks so you don’t have to spend a lot of money along the way.
- Travel games and music can break up long trips.
- Watch your speed and obey traffic laws.
- Get plenty of sleep and DO NOT drink and drive!