Thank you to Dasani & The Coca-Cola Company for sponsoring this conversation. Regardless, all opinions expressed are the honest experiences of our family.
I really try hard to make healthy lifestyle choices, but lots of times I fail. I’ve been trying to motivate myself to drink more water and it’s been a challenge.I’d really like to drink at least half, if not more of my body weight in water each day. (Trust me that is a lot of water!) When the weather starts to get cooler, activity slows down and the excuses get easier to make. I usually drink more water when the weather is warmer, but I need to drink more water all of the time.
Thanks to Coca-Cola I can feel better about the water bottles I buy and keep motivated to drink more water. Dasani has introduced it’s green-capped, plant-based water bottle. The water bottle is is composed of 30% plant materials. It is STILL recyclable and actually twists down to half it’s size when empty. The kids (big kids too) will have a great time doing the twist! I am excited to free up some room in our recycling bin with the Dasani plant-based water bottle.
The current half liter DASANI® bottles contain 45% less plastic than our original 2001 bottle. Dasani is reducing its impact on the planet with their PlantBottle® that simply uses LESS plastic and MORE plant based material.
5 Ways to Drink More Water
- Rise and Shine – As soon as you wake up in the morning (yes, before the coffee) drink a bottle of water. The H2O will refresh you, get your body functions moving and it’s a great way to start the day.
- Take a bottle with you- Whether you are moving around in the house, in the car or out and about, bring a bottle ( or 2) of water with you. You will save money This will heour body is approximately 60% water and that water maintains the body’s fluid balance, which helps transport nutrients in the body, regulate body temperature, digest food, and even prevents constipation. It’s the best choice when you are thirsty!
- Drink Water with Meals- Water keeps you full. If you drink more water you will eat less calories. Simple!
- Set a timer – I know you have phone. Set the timer or use an app to remind yourself to drink up.
- Make it game – Challenge yourself or get a buddy and make it a goal to drink at least 4 Dasani 16.9 oz water bottles per day. That will give you the equivalent of the recommended 8 cups of water per day. Try to drink more if you can.
It’s so important to drink your water! It keeps you hydrated, helps your bodily functions work properly, can help prevent fatigue and keeps your muscles healthy. Water has no calories and is really the best choice when it comes to beverage choices.
Do you have any fun or easy ways to drink more water?