If the flu has already made its presence known in your home, chances are you felt rotten. That rotten feeling is natural. Certain non-essential systems will shut down, so your body can recover from the flu and fight off the virus. Here are 5 ways to soothe flu symptoms to hopefully relieve some of your suffering.
- Rest and relaxation – Now I know the flu is no vacation, but if you want to soothe flu symptoms, you need to stay home. Staying home and getting plenty of rest will get your body on the road to recovery and you’ll be back in action in no time. Plus, staying home when you are sick, prevents you from spreading germs to others.
- Hydrate – Be sure to drink plenty of liquids. Water and tea are some of my favorite ways to soothe flu symptoms. Cold water and warm tea just have a way of relaxing the mind and the body.
- Gargle with Salt Water – Most times a sore throat will accompany the flu or your throat will become raw from all that coughing your doing. Gargling with warm salt water a few times a day will soothe and heal the scratchy sore throat.
- Stock up on tissues and chicken soup – The first few days of the flu you won’t feel much like eating, but when you do chicken soup will soothe flu symptoms without upsetting your stomach. We all know that while you have the flu you go through LOTS of tissues. Using tissues like Puffs Plus Lotion with just the right amount of softness can sooth irritation caused by sniffles, coughing and sneezing . Using the right tissue will help prevent chafing and soreness under your nose and on your face.
- Vaporize it – Using a warm mist humidifier or vaporizer will put moisture in the air and help ease congestion and coughing. Before you head to be for the night, turn on the vaporizer in your room and shut the door. Your room will become a steamy dream land and you will sleep like a baby. Always clean your humidifier or vaporizer daily, to ensure prevention of bacteria and mold growth.
- This is an unofficial #6 from my hubby. When your sick you get control of the remote. Be sure to enforce this rule and pick the shows you want to watch to soothe flu symptoms.
Puffs Plus Lotion contains a touch of Shea Butter, Aloe and Vitamin E to provide comfort for the worst cold and flu symptoms. Plus, it’s the only national brand that is dermatologist tested to be gentle on skin and will help you put your best face forward no matter the weather or the season. Puffs Plus Lotion is Puffs’ most soothing tissue with Air-fluffed™ pillows for more cushioned thickness a perfect way to soothe flu symptoms.
For more information visit Puffs on Facebook and their website at Puffs.com.