One of my big downfalls is not being prepared for mornings. I am not a morning person and usually hit the snooze button on the alarm more times than I care to admit. Burning the midnight oil is a habit I haven’t been able to break. Some nights I am working on my blog and the next thing I know it 11 PM or 12 AM and my alarm will be ringing at 6 AM. Needless to say, my mornings turn into a flurry of activity without sufficient time to get everything done, before it’s time to run out the door. I am guilty of skipping breakfast or eating something that isn’t productive to my goal of living a healthier lifestyle. When I don’t eat enough calories in the morning, I seem to be hungry throughout the day, which can lead to poor food choices. I really want to make my mornings a priority and start with eating a healthy breakfast. I kept seeing the jars of pretty oatmeal all over Pinterest
and decided to give them a try. I just made up my own recipe and the hubby and I both loved it.
It only takes a few easy steps and you can be enjoying a yummy nutritious breakfast each morning.
Step 1 – 1st layer oatmeal
Step 2 – 2nd layer yogurt (add chia seeds or flax seed if you want more fiber)
Step 3 – 3rd layer berries or fruit of your choice
Step 4 – squish it all down
Step 5 – add lid and refrigerate overnight
Step 6 – enjoy!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup Rolled or Quick Cooking Oats
- 1/2 cup *Yogurt, plain or flavored, your choice.
- 1/4 cup berries, I have tried blackberry and strawberry thus far
- Add oatmeal to jar.
- Next add yogurt and push down.
- If you use greek yogurt I would add a few tablespoons of milk for more liquid.
- Stir in chia seed or flax seed if you want more fiber.
- Add berries and give them a light push.
- Put on lid and store overnight in fridge.
- In the morning, oatmeal will be soft and ready to eat.
- We eat ours cold, but you could warm if you want to.