Post contains Amazon affiliate links
Great Wolf Lodge is a great place for a family vacation!! (As well as other water parks) and I love how it gets my family active as well!! Over the past couple years we have been able to go to Great Wolf Lodge twice now and have loved it each time!! The first time we went we did no planning or research! We were lucky enough to be able to go for a Girl Scout event so the hotel room was a HUGE discount!!
The best Saving Money at Great Wolf Lodge tips:
- Take all your own swimming equipment ie swimsuits, towels water shoes, goggles swim diapers, etc.
- Great Wolf Lodge has its own little swim shop but the prices are crazy high! *They do provide life jackets and don’t allow outside flotation devices for kids*
- Be sure to grab a waterproof camera from Walmart, Amazon, or Walgreens before heading to the resort! Everywhere is wet in the waterpark.
- Check in is at 1 PM (confirm with your location) your room isn’t guaranteed until 4 PM but you can check in and start using the park right away! Check out is at 11am on the day you leave, but you can use the park until it closes at 9pm that night! Make the most of your time Plan ahead for what to do if your room isn’t ready on arrival.
- Lockers are $20 with a $10 refundable deposit. We had a bag ready in the van with our suits in it in case the room wasn’t ready and for the last day when you checkout and stay.
- Plan your meals ahead of time! Most the rooms have refrigerators so you can take snacks, sandwiches, breakfast, etc to the hotel to save on money! Don’t forget drinks! The soda machines were $2.50 for a 20 ounce bottle at ours! Most locations will have restaurants in the hotel but you pay for the convenience! We lucked out with a restaurant in the same parking lot and we received a 5% discount for having our wristbands on! So don’t be shy about asking for a discount!
- Research what free activities your location offers!! We had story time, meet the characters, dance party all during the time we were at the hotel! Also you can see what activities cost money to help pan out your budget.
The best tip of all for any trip or vacation spot like Great Wolf lodge is to plan out your time, your meals, and to tell your kids what the plans are! My daughter knew what was going to happen for meals, activities, quests, and what we would spend money on a week in advance! No surprises, no fits, and no fighting over what was next! Do you plan ahead to save money on family trips? We would love to hear your ideas and experiences. Leave us a comment. Have a great summer.