I would have to say out of all the different varieties of cookies out there, chocolate chip cookies are my all-time favorite and probably always will be. Warm, cold, chewy, hard, big, small, I don’t think there is any way that I wouldn’t enjoy a chocolate chip cookie. Since it’s one of my goals to be living a healthier lifestyle, I was on a mission to find a healthy chocolate chip cookie recipe.
This is my kind of of healthy. Less fat, less sugar and the addition of a few “healthier” ingredients, making it a cookie you could choose to eat in moderation. It’s all about choices and moderation! Chocolate chip cookies should be a sometimes food, not an everyday food. Enjoy!
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line two cookie sheets with a silicone mat, parchement paper or lightly spray each cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and stir to mix.
- In another bowl blend the butter, eggs and sugars and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Gradually stir dry mix to wet mix until well blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Scoop by rounded teaspoon on to cookie sheets 1 inch apart.
- Bake 8 - 10 mins or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks
- Store in airtight containers.
Do you have an all time favorite cookie?