Snacks are one of my favorite meals. Trying to live a low carb lifestyle combined with the Weight Watchers Freestyle plan means eating small meals and snacks is key to not overeating. Keeping a supply of healthy high protein snacks on hand helps me make the right choices on a daily basis.
Why choose healthy high protein snacks?
Protein packs a powerful punch that will keep you satisfied for the long haul. Protein helps slow digestion, keeps blood sugar levels steady and may even keep your cravings under control. We all know that meat is a great source of protein, but there are many healthy high protein snacks that you can grab and go without a lot of trouble.
10 Healthy High Protein Snacks You’ll Want to Eat
- Greek Yogurt – Be sure to look for brands without a lot of added sugar. You can layer Greek Yogurt with fruit to make parfaits or mix with dip mix and grab some fresh veggies.
- Hard Boiled Eggs – I like to have at least a 1/2 dozen ready to go in the refrigerator. If I get a sudden craving an egg will do the trick. Eggs are packed with protein and vitamins that we all need.
- String Cheese – Who doesn’t love cheese? These perfect pocket size snacks are the perfect portable high protein snack for the whole family.
- Nut Butters – No matter what kinds of nuts you prefer, turn them into a smooth and creamy butter and yum! Whether it’s by the spoonful, spread on celery or a flavor in your favorite Greek yogurt try a nut butter to satisfy a snack attack.
- Roasted Chick Peas – This snack will definitely take some planning. This recipe is easy and delicious. Making a large batch and storing in an air-tight container means you’ll have a nice crunchy snack anytime you need it.
- Protein Drinks – So many great flavors to choose from. Keep them handy for a quick snack on the go. They even make a semi-good breakfast in a pinch.
- Jerky – Meat the go-to protein. Dried beef, turkey, venison. No matter what you prefer this snack is sure to give you a boost from a mid-day slump.
- Tuna – The ready to eat pouches are the bomb! You can zip the top open and eat it right from the pouch. They have a variety of flavors to choose from. No mayo needed!
- Hummus – Spread in on a whole grain cracker or pita and munch away!
- Mixed Nuts – A few nuts go a long way.
As you can see protein isn’t boring! All of the then ideas I shared are flavorful and versatile. There are so many easy and delicious healthy snacks to make part of your day. The thing I like best is that healthy high protein snacks are easy to take on-the-go or add to your daily meal plans.
What are your favorite healthy high protein snacks?