Organize Your Kitchen with Repurposed Jars
Using jars that would normally go to the recycling bin as an organization tool, can save you both time and money. Plan ahead and keep washed jars and plastic containers on hand for organizing your home or those amazing Pinterest projects you plan to complete someday.
My Favorite Ways to Organize With Repurposed Jars:
- Paper Cupcake Liners – No more crumbled muffin tin liners. Small mayo or pickle jars are the perfect size for storing 100 plus paper liners.
- Bulk Spices – Stocking up on frequently used spices in bulk then storing them in repurposed glass jars at home is a good way to save money. You will need to choose jars that will fit a measuring spoon inside. Using jars can provide a more accurate measurement for recipes. Your spices should stay fresher and last longer when scooped from a jar instead of sprinkled over a steamy pot or pan.
- Miscellaneous Foods – Did you know that the Parmesan cheese shaker lids fit perfectly on small mouth mason jars? Genius! Oatmeal, French Fried Onions, Quinoa, and Rice are just a few of the pantry foods that are sold in plastic bags. Most times those darn bags don’t stay shut or are awkward to handle. Store those foods in shaker lid jars for easy dispensing. Or use a regular jar if you need to scoop.
- Office supplies – Organize all those pesky office supplies in a variety of jar sizes. Paper clips, binder clips, crayons and pens can all find new homes in repurposed jars and containers.
- Loose change – You can always find a quart size jar on my kitchen counter full of change. It’s perfect if I need car wash money, a stamp or a gallon of milk from the corner store. When my kids were small we filled the jar and at the end of summer cashed in the coins for a trip to the local amusement park. It was a great family tradition.
- Paperwork – Receipts, address labels, and business cards can be stashed in a small repurposed jar until they can be filed away properly. Finding ways to keep things neat and organized is easy when you use repurposed jars or containers.
Using repurposed jars to organize your kitchen is just the tip of the iceberg. If you really want to start saving time and money try these 16 easy ways to have an organized pantry.
You can also find more information about keeping that laundry room organized too.
What are your favorite kitchen organizing tips?