My hubby is the cook most nights of the week in our home. I am so thankful that he likes to cook and he is very good at it. You can’t find too many people (men) who can open the freezer or pantry, grab ingredients, and whip up an awesome meal. I am excited to be in the kitchen today and to bring you our newest creation, the Pizza Chicken Recipe.
This post contains affiliate links to products used in the recipe. If you click through and make a purchase we make a commission.
There are days that I do cook and on those days I like to make recipes that can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. The Pizza Chicken (Zaycon referral link) recipe was all that and more! I was amazed at how simple, yet delicious this recipe turned out. This Pizza Chicken recipe was a big hit with everyone and will be the newest addition to our menu plan.
Which WW Program are these points for?
In 2023, WW is using just plain old “POINTS.”
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
The premise of this recipe is to take chicken breast, (Zaycon referral) top it with sauce, then add any toppings you normally enjoy on a pizza. You can personalize the toppings to the tastes that your family will enjoy.
When I whipped up the Pizza Chicken recipe I had spinach and pepperoni on hand, so that is what our “pizza” was topped with. Next time I may add more vegetables and skip the pepperoni.
Recipes that you can change and adapt to the ingredients you already have on hand are definitely my kind of cooking. I don’t like to measure. I am a dump-and-pour kind of girl. Luckily, the majority of recipes I concoct turn out pretty delicious in the end.
When I buy chicken, it’s usually in bulk, from Zaycon foods. (referral link) They have great deals on meat and stocking up saves me time and money. I freeze my chicken in one or two-pound packages with marinade. The marinade can be anything you like. Seriously, most times I just open the refrigerator door and put in the bits of leftover salad dressing from the almost empty bottles. I told you I was a dump-a-pour kind of girl!
I cooked my recipe in a cast iron skillet. I like my pizza cheese all brown and bubbly, so I knew the pan would have to be under the broiler for a few minutes. Never put a glass baking dish under the broiler, NEVER! Trust me, I know from experience and it wasn’t a pretty one.
If you are looking for a quick and delicious meal, try our Pizza Chicken recipe. I hope you love it as much as we did! Don’t forget to stock up high-quality chicken from Zaycon Foods! (affiliate link)
What toppings would you add to a Pizza Chicken Recipe?
Pizza Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast fillets, I like to use marinated breast and pound them flat
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Fresh Spinach
- 8 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Place chicken breast in a shallow baking pan.
- Cover with pizza sauce
- Bake at 350 degrees until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees (approx. 20 min)
- Add pizza toppings and cover with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly ( 5 - 10 min)
- If you want your cheese brown you may need to put your pan under the broiler for a few additional minutes.