This post had Amazon affiliate links in it.
Banana bread is a huge hit in our house!!! The kids love to have it for breakfast especially during the school year!! I hate wasting food so I love I can save my bananas when we either over buy or forget to eat the bananas!! This recipe is
This is my mothers recipe and though the directions say to add ingredients separately, I just dump it all in my Kitchen Aid Mixer and let it do the work!! We make multiple batches at once a lot and use Pyrex glass bread pans to bake the bread in.
Be sure to pin the recipe above or print the Banana Bread Recipe Below:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 – 1 ¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 3 very ripe, soft, darkly speckled bananas, mashed well (about 1 – 1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup PLAIN yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 6 TBLSP butter, melted and Cooled
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Start with melting butter listed below to start cooling before starting!!
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour pan. Set aside.
- Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs and melted/cooled butter and vanilla with
- wooden spoon in medium bowl. *I throw it in a bowl with my handheld mixer here and just keep going*Whisk flour, sugar, salt and walnuts in large bowl to combine, set aside. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean… about 55 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Then transfer to wire rack.
Thanks to Penny Pincher Jenny for sharing this great recipe!