We make lots of soup during the winter months. I am always looking for new recipes to try. As a Christmas gift we received the cookbook Grilled Cheese & More. This recipe is adapted from that book. I had my doubts about ranch flavoring in this soup. Usually one packet, it wasn’t overpowering, it really added a nice flavor. I think you will be happy with the results of this quick and filling soup!
Be sure to check out all of the great recipes from some awesome #15MinuteSuppers bloggers at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
- 1/4 chopped onion
- 3 TBSP LifeOil (or olive oil)
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (or clam juice)
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 can (10.25 oz) Cream of Potato Soup
- 2 (6 oz) cans chopped clams
- Chopped Parsley (optional)
- Heat oil In 3 quart sauce pan.
- Saute the onions until soft
- Add worchestershire sauce and mushrooms and saute until lightly browned.
- In separate bowl whisk half and half, milk, broth and ranch mix until well blended.
- Stir in potato soup.
- Drain clams and add juice to mixture.
- Add mixture to mushrooms and onions.
- Heat for 3 mins on med, stirring often.
- Add clams.
- Heat additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsely (optional)
Chicken Scallopine from Around My Family Table
Classic Chicken a la King from Monzanita’s
Mango Chutney Chicken from Better in Bulk
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps from Jen’s Journey
Unstuffed Paleo Cabbage Rolls from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
Ranch Clam Chowder from Just 2 Sisters