This post is brought to you by LifeOiL
Every year at Christmas we visit my aunt to celebrate the holidays with my Mom’s side of the family. Part of our yearly tradition involves bringing a homemade treat as a “family” gift for all of the relatives. I like to do more than one treat, so I make each family a basket of homemade goodies. One of everyone’s yearly favorites is Ranch Oyster Crackers. The recipe is super easy, involves only a few ingredients and will have everyone raving about their wonderful flavor!
While making this years Ranch Oyster Crackers we had the chance to substitute plain old vegetable oil with LifeOiL. LifeOiL is the first all-purpose cooking oil formulated with a natural blend of sunflower, safflower, and olive oil. LifeOiL is light in taste and appearance, plus it supplies more Vitamin E than any other vegetable oil. It’s a healthy combination of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats with low saturated fat levels.
Choosing an oil with more health attributes than other oils, is a no brainer for me. We are always looking for ways to improve our diet and eating habits. I thought the LifeOiL was perfect for the crackers. We have been using LifeOiL in other cooking that has included frying and sauteeing, too. You can purchase LifeOiL at Walmart, Sam’s Club and Alberton’s stores. Why not give it a try? If you are using vegetable oil in cooking LifeOiL will be an great addition to your kitchen and ingredient list.
- 2 bags oyster crackers (9 oz each)
- 3/4 cup Life Oil
- 1 pack dry ranch mix
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill
- Pour Oyster crackers into bowl that you can seal.
- In a separate container mix together oil, ranch mix, dill and garlic powder.
- Shake until liquid mixture is well blended.
- Pour liquid mixture over crackers then put lid on the container & shake well.
- Let crackers to sit for at least one hour before serving.
- Store sealed in covered container. (the longer they sit the better they taste) Perfect for gift giving, snacking or adding to soups.