This post was sponsored by Mirum. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Making these sausage pineapple bites is easy and fun! This is a great recipe to use for family gatherings as an appetizer or for a simple side dish or snack! Sausage Pineapple bites are a delicious finger food!
When it comes to any go-to appetizer or a quick weeknight treat, I like easy and fast. These sausage pineapple bites are the perfect combination of salty and sweet, while also being savory and light.
Since I suffer from frequent heartburn, sometimes spicy foods or citric foods like pineapple can trigger that. I’m so glad to have Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets on hand. They’re perfect for treating my frequent heartburn, and they keep me from having to avoid foods that I love!
If you also suffer from frequent heartburn, two or more days a week, consider making the switch to Omeprazole Orally Disintegrating Tablets.
No pills to swallow. Omeprazole ODT with MELTech™ allows the small strawberry flavored tablet to disintegrate right on your tongue. No water needed.
Use as directed for 14 days to treat frequent heartburn (occurring 2 or more days a week). May take 1-4 days for full effect. Not intended for immediate relief.
Store Brand Omeprazole has been available for frequent heartburn sufferers to purchase at a lower cost than national brands for over a decade. Now you can find Omeprazole ODT online and in-store with this store locator at Dissolveyourheartburn.com. Packaging varies by retailer.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE These Sausage Pineapple Bites:
This recipe uses canned pineapple, fully cooked sausage links, pineapple juice, brown sugar, olive oil, minced garlic, ground ginger, and salt / pepper to taste. As always, you can find the exact amounts in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post!
The nice thing about this recipe is that it uses turkey sausage and then we will slice it into pieces. You can also use chicken sausages if those are easier to find or more suitable to your taste preferences.
I love recipes like this one that are savory, a little spicy, and sweet. The combination of flavors makes them not just delicious, but interesting and a bit of something different!
Not only are these sausage pineapple bites easy to make, but they can also be served as an appetizer or even a light lunch.
How to make sausage bites with pineapple:
Slice the turkey sausage into about ½-inch chunks and do the same with the pineapple slices, reserving the juice from the can in a bowl.
Add the oil to a skillet and let it heat up. Add the sausage to the heated pan. Salt and pepper it to your liking.
While the sausage is browning, add the brown sugar, garlic, and ginger to the pineapple juice and whisk until smooth.
Drizzle the juice into the pan with the sausage after the slices have been cooking for about two minutes.
Reduce the heat and let them simmer and cook in the juice for about five minutes.
Remove from heat and set aside.
Once cool enough to touch, place two chunks of pineapple on the appetizer stick, followed by one chunk of sausage. Do this until all sausage has been used up.
Drizzle the bites by using the remaining sauce in the pan and enjoy!
Printable Recipe for Pineapple Sausage Bites:
- 4 Slices of Canned Pineapple
- 2 Fully Cooked Turkey Sausage Links
- ½ Cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ Tablespoon Garlic, minced
- ½ Tablespoon Ground Ginger
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice the turkey sausage into about ½-inch chunks and do the same with the pineapple slices, reserving the juice from the can in a bowl.
- Add the oil to a skillet and let it heat up. Add the sausage to the heated pan. Salt and pepper it to your liking.
- While the sausage is cooking up, add the brown sugar, garlic, and ginger to the pineapple juice and whisk until no chunks remain.
- Drizzle the juice into the pan with the sausage after the slices have been cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat and let them simmer and cook in the juice for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once cool enough to touch, place two hunks of pineapple on the appetizer stick, followed by one hunk of sausage. Do this until all sausage has been used up.
- Drizzle the bites using the remaining sauce in the pan and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 34Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 7mgSodium 65mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 2g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.