Did you make a new year resolution to lose 10 pounds or more this year? I personally did and to live healthier for me and my kids! Its as simple as cutting just 100 calories per day to help you shed those extra 10 pounds and most importantly be healthy.
Use These Simple Food Changes to Save 100 Calories Per Day:
- If you drink more than 2 glasses of whole or 2% milk per day switch to 1% or low fat milk.
- Instead of a sugary coffee drink, order a regular coffee with some 2% milk and a packet of sugar substitute.
- Reduce meat portions to 3-4 ounces (about the size of a deck of cards) and go for lean cuts.
- Pick a diet soda instead of regular soda in moderation. (Even better choice is water with fruit in it)
- Opt for marinara sauce instead of creamy white sauces.
- In mashed potatoes and sauces use milk in place of cream.
- Switch from cooking with butter or margarine to a -> cooking spray—each tablespoon of butter is an extra 100 calories.
- Choose to skip the cheese when making sandwiches or burgers.
- Opt for a fun size candy bar instead of a regular or king-size chocolate bar to satisfy your sweet tooth craving.
- Stop at one glass of wine or other alcoholic drink.
- Share a dessert with two or three friends instead of having a whole one.
- Switch from regular bacon to turkey bacon.
- Instead of a candy bar or ice cream choose to eat an apple or a 6-oz cup of light yogurt for a snack
- Order a small order of french fries instead of a large order of french fries.
- Check your portion sizes with measuring cups, spoons, and food scales.
- Instead of drinking juice, eat a whole piece of fruit.
- Choose water with meals. This will help fill you up and you will eat less.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day to flush out toxins and prevent mindless eating.
If you plan to commit now to a few items on this list it will be easier to add more throughout the year. Are there there ways you can cut calories throughout your day?