Can I lower the points on these slow cooker pork tacos?The main recipe here is all about the pork. It’s not a bad recipe in terms of points but you can actually save yourself some points in the toppings and how you serve these. Some great options are below:
Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel , SCCPVL610-SCrock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless SteelCrock-Pot SCV700SS Stainless Steel 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker, 7 Quart
- Serve without tortillas
- Top with fresh veggies
- Use low fat / non fat cheese for topping
- Use a lean cut for your pork roast
Do you have other great Weight Watchers dinner recipes?
- Weight Watchers Cheeseburger Pizza | Tortilla Pizza
- Weight Watchers Turkey Minestrone | Slow Cooker Recipe
- Weight Watchers Italian Chicken
- Weight Watchers Green Bean Casserole
Printable Slow Cooker Pork Tacos Recipe:
- 4 pound pork roast
- 1 cup water
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- Cut pork roast in a criss cross fashion. Rub spices into the crevices.
- Place pork in the slow cooker along with water and onion.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with fork. Serve on flour tortillas with taco fixings.
Makes 8-12 Servings
5 Freestyle Smart Points (with 10 servings) meat only, include your toppings in your calculations as well as tortillas or taco shells.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 114mg Sodium: 323mg Carbohydrates: 1g Protein: 40g