Oh, no Snickerdoodle Muffins may be my new secret indulgence. Lookout waistline, you are about to get a few visitors!
If you are a fan of the traditional Snickerdoodle Cookie, I think it’s pretty safe to say you will love the Snickerdoodle Muffins! My family likes sweet treats that include cinnamon and this muffin recipe does not disappoint!
Unfortunately, one of the main ingredients in the Snickerdoodle Muffins is Hershey’s Cinnamon Baking Chips. In my area the baking chips are seasonal and we only see them in the stores around Christmas time. Fortunately, the local surplus grocery store must have bought the overstock of unsold Hershey’s Cinnamon Baking Chips and I found them and stocked up.
I always store my baking supplies in a cool, dark shelf in a Tupperware Modular Mates container and use them from year to year with no problems. Needless to say, there are 4 bags of cinnamon chips awaiting to be baked into some yummy muffins. If you don’t find the Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips in your area, they do sell them on Amazon! Here’s my affiliate link if you want to check them out! Hershey’s Cinnamon Baking Chips, 10-Ounce Bags (Pack of 6)
These muffins taste great with a big cup of iced cold milk or a strong cup of vanilla coffee, hot or cold! I made a batch of muffins last week and had to freeze 1/2 of them, so I wasn’t tempted to eat every single one! If you decide to bake a batch are they going to be for you or someone else??
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 10 oz package Hershey's cinnamon baking chip
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon until fluffy.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add vanilla and sour cream and mix well.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until all combined.
- Add cinnamon baking chips and stir into batter.
- Spoon batter into 12 lined muffin tins until about 2/3 full.
- Mix 3 T. sugar and 3 t. cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the batter in each muffin.
- Bake at 350 for 35-38 minutes.
- Let cool before removing from pan.