This dilled chicken salad recipe makes for a great lunch on a sandwich, spread on crackers, or to really lighten it serve it on slices of fresh cucumber.
You can make your chicken salad with mayonnaise if you prefer, but I love the tang of plain Greek yogurt- it is reminiscent of sour cream, and cuts a lot of fat and calories out of the recipe.
This post contains affiliate links to products used in the recipe. If you click through and make a purchase we make a commission.
If you are looking for simple ways to cut back- I recommend using plain Greek yogurt anywhere you would add in sour cream or mayo. Have you ever tried making Chicken Salad with freshly shredded chicken? It’s amazing and I have included the simplest way to do it, using your stand mixer.
Courtesy Point Calculations
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
Shredded cooked chicken
Plain Greek yogurt
Celery diced finely
Pepper to taste
To make the shredded chicken in a KitchenAid Mixer follow these simple instructions.
How to make Shredded Chicken
Brush raw chicken breasts with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and place on baking sheet.
Bake in oven preheated to 350° for 15-25 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.
Fasten on your flat beater attachment (they usually come with it) if not you can grab one here.
Place the chicken in bowl, straight from the oven and turn mixer on low, gradually increase speed.
I have not had to buy canned chicken since I discovered that trick, who needs all that sodium?
How to store shredded chicken?
Shredded chicken freezes well in a freezer-safe bag. Press bags flat and stack in the freezer to maximize space.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. sweet relish
- 1 Tbsp. Dill weed
- ½ tsp. Celery salt
- ½ stalk of celery diced finely
- pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- For best results – allow chicken salad to sit in refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours before serving, to allow all flavors to combine.
Nutrition InformationYield 4
Amount Per Serving Calories 123Saturated Fat 1gCholesterol 54mgSodium 505mgCarbohydrates 3gSugar 2gProtein 16g
Enjoy! What is your family’s favorite kind of sandwich?