Today we are sharing a Veggie omelet recipe. Omelets are so versatile because you can easily just use what you have on hand and have dinner ready in a flash.
Omelets are also a really great Weight Watchers Breakfast Idea.
Just like many families, we are busy. Sometimes, dinner is the last thing on my mind after work, so we have several go to quick and cheap meals.
Breakfast for dinner has always been a favorite choice. It’s a nice way to change things up because breakfast around the table in the morning is unheard of in this home.
Finding ways to feed your family good food that doesn’t cost a lot is one of my favorite things to do. This Veggie omelet recipe is a lifesaver. If I haven’t time to meal plan or those plans get botched, I can always grab some eggs and make veggie omelets for dinner. (or lunch) The best part about veggie omelets is they can be customized. Let each person pick their veggies, they can add more or less of each kind and get exactly what they want. You can add cheese or meat if veggies aren’t enough to satisfy a hungry crowd.
Which WW Program are these points for?
In 2023, WW is using just plain old “POINTS.”
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
Veggie Omelet Recipe
First, you will want to chop any fresh veggies you have on hand. You can even use leftover cooked vegetables. Crack your eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper if desired. The beat lightly. Heat olive oil or use non-stick cooking spray in a small skillet. If you only have a larger skillet, you can easily double your eggs and make two omelets at one time. Add veggies and saute until tender. Add beaten eggs. Cook over medium heat until set. Flip over and cook thoroughly. Add cheese if desired, fold over and serve. Another bonus, this is a one pan meal! Easy to make and easy to clean up is a double winner. What is your favorite veggie omelet ingredient?
- Add any vegetables or meats you desire. This is what we used this week.
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil or non-stick spray to frying pan.
- Bell Pepper
- Fresh Spinach
- 1 oz shredded cheese.
- Chop veggies into bite size pieces.
- Heat olive oil in small frying pan.
- Add chopped veggies and saute until soft. (approx 3 to 4 minutes).
- Whip egg in small bowl and pour over veggie mix.
- Cook until medium set (3 minutes) and flip over.
- Continue to cook until desired firmness.
- Add cheese if desired. Fold in half, eat and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 314Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 159mgSodium 200mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 25g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.