Are you looking for a healthier alternative to your regular tacos? Weight Watchers Taco Salad is an easy and flavorful meal that provides plenty of nutrition without sacrificing taste.
With just a few simple ingredients, you’ll be able to whip up this dish in no time at all. If you’re ready for the best taco salad experience ever, read on and learn how you can make weight watchers taco salad right in your own kitchen!
This post contains links to products we use. If you buy through the link we earn a commission.
Points in a taco salad
Weight Watchers taco salad is a great way to enjoy a protein-packed and flavorful meal, while still remaining within your Weight Watcher’s points limit.
The taco salad itself has low points and includes tasty ingredients like ground turkey, mixed greens, tomatoes, reduced fat cheese and fat-free salsa.
With the right WW taco salad recipe, you can create this delicious dish in little time at all! Weight Watcher’s members will find that following the points system is easier than ever with this easy salad recipe.
Which WW Program are these points for?
WW has definitely changed from 2020 to now. They went from three to one plan to multiple plans and back to one plan again. So in 2023, we have just plain old “POINTS.”
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
What you will need to make weight watchers taco salad
This taco salad is a delicious, healthy meal that can be made in no time. All you need to make it is seasoned lean ground turkey cooked with diced red onions and peppers, tomatoes, mixed greens salad, reduced fat mexican style cheese shreds, cilantro and taco seasoning. With these simple ingredients and the easy-to-follow WW taco salad recipe, you can have a unique dish for a fraction of the cost. Enjoy!
Does weight watchers taco salad have a lot of carbs?
Taco salad can be a great option when trying to watch your overall carb intake. If you’re following Weight Watchers, they have a delicious taco salad recipe that’s low in carbs and high in flavor.
Weight watchers friendly Mexican recipes
If you loved this easy weight watchers friendly Mexican salad, then you have to try these other Mexican inspired dishes with bold flavors, perfect for family dinners.
- Weight Watchers Taco Pie
- Weight Watchers Chicken Tacos
- Weight Watchers Chicken Taco Cups
- Easy Turkey Tacos With Fresh Toppings and Homemade Seasoning
With quality ingredients like lean ground turkey, fresh bell peppers, low fat salsa, and a light dressing of lime juice and cilantro, this taco salad packs plenty of nutrients without weighing you down with carbs. Enjoying this salad can be the perfect way to get the flavors you love while still making smart choices about your diet.
Weight Watchers Taco Salad
This Weight Watchers Taco Salad is not only incredibly easy to make, but it's full of flavor, contains lots of nutritious ingredients like lean ground turkey and bell peppers, and has just 2 Points per serving. So if you're ready to enjoy an amazing taco salad while staying on top of your diet goals then keep reading as we walk through how to whip up this fantastic dish!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey 93/7 lean
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning OR make your own = 2 tablespoons chili powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ cup fat free salsa
- 1 bag mixed salad greens of your choice
- ½ cup reduced fat mexican style cheese shreds
- ½ cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- In a skillet cook the yellow onion and red bell pepper in olive oil until tender
- Add ground turkey to the skillet and cook until brown and internal temp is 165 degrees
- Drain off grease.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and salsa and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Place the salad mix in a serving bowl and top with taco meat
- Add red onions, tomatoes, cheese, and cilantro on top.
- Toss before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
McCormick Premium Taco Seasoning Mix, 24 oz
Trader Joe's - CHUNKY SALSA 16 OZ (1LB) Fat Free
Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
DOWAN Cereal Bowl, 22 Ounce Soup Bowls White Ceramic Bowl Set of 6, White Porcelain Bowls for Kitchen, Oven & Dishwasher & Microwave Safe, White Porcelain Soup Bowls for Cereal Soup Rice Pasta Salad
Oil Sprayer for Cooking, Olive Oil Sprayer Mister, 105ml Olive Oil Spray Bottle, Olive Oil Spray for Salad, BBQ, Kitchen Baking, Roasting
Amount Per Serving Calories 356Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 100mgSodium 742mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 26g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.