A healthy goulash recipe is perfect for busy weeknight dinners. This Weight Watchers goulash with corn is quick, easy, and delicious.
One of my favorite goulash traditional recipes with plenty of protein, veggies, and flavor. Check out all of these ground turkey recipes!
You can use any kind of ground meat with this recipe but for those of you on the Weight Watchers program you’ll want to use ground turkey or ground chicken breast to keep those points low!
This post contains links to products we recommend. If you make a purchase we earn a commission.
The Origins of Goulash:
For me, the goulash origin is my grandma! Goulash brings back so many childhood memories for me. When I was growing up we visited my Grandma’s house on Sunday for a family dinner.
Goulash was one of my favorite meals. It’s comfort food to me. That is why I had to make this Weight Watchers Goulash recipe and add a bit of southwestern flair.
Can I freeze this goulash recipe?
You can make this Weight Watchers Goulash recipe and freeze it too. This casserole will make a great dinner and you can take the leftovers for lunch later in the week.
Goulash reheats well so you can just thaw it out or even put it frozen back into the crockpot to warm up throughout the day and be ready when you get home from work.
Weight Watchers Goulash Info:
With only two points per each serving, you can enjoy this recipe anytime you like. Each batch makes about 6 generous 1/2 cup servings.
If you make changes to brands and ingredients you’ll need to calculate the recipe using the Weight Watchers recipe creator tool on their website for the most up-to-date and accurate points.
Which WW Program are these points for?
In 2023, WW is using just plain old “POINTS.”
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
Healthy Weight Watchers Goulash Recipe with Corn Ingredients
For this simple goulash recipe we will be using whole wheat elbow macaroni, 99% fat free ground turkey, onions, diced tomatoes, frozen corn, tomato sauce, chopped green chilies, ground cumin, salt and pepper to taste, and some minced fresh cilantro!
The full list of ingredients with amounts is located in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post! This recipe is really simple and part of the reason why I love it so much is that there is no fancy or funky ingredients included.
Everything on this list is easy to grab at the grocery store and then I know I can whip up a great meal that is fuss-free and family-friendly.
Here are some kitchen essentials that I like to have on hand when making recipes like this for meal prep:
Making healthy meals is a breeze with these kitchen essentials. Keeping things like this on hand makes my life so much easier in the kitchen.
How to make goulash with corn:
Cook macaroni according to package directions.
While the water is boiling and pasta is cooking, prepare the 99% fat-free ground turkey and vegetables.
In a large skillet set over medium heat, cook the ground meat and onion, stirring and breaking up the meat into small crumbles, until meat is no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chilies, cumin, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to a gentle simmer and continue to cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Drain macaroni and add to the meat/vegetable mixture.
Stir in the cilantro and heat through. Taste and adjust the seasonings, adding more salt, pepper, cumin, etc. to taste.
Looking for more great dinner recipes?
If you are looking for more Weight Watchers friendly casserole recipes try our Weight Watchers Friendly Pepperoni Pizza Casserole Recipe. You can also try some of these delicious dinner recipes:
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet 7 WW Freestyle Smart Points
- Weight Watchers Stuffed Shells Recipe
- Turkey Sliders with Mushrooms
- Chicken Sausage Stew
Printable Weight Watchers Goulash Recipe:
This Weight Watchers Goulash will be a crowd-pleaser! Here’s the printable version of this tasty recipe so you can keep everything organized while preparing this meal at home.
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni, I used whole wheat
- 1 pound 99% fat free ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can, 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can, 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 can, 4 ounces chopped green chilies
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin, I used 1 teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- While the water is boiling and pasta is cooking, prepare the lean ground turkey and vegetables.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, cook the meat and onion, stirring and breaking up the meat into small crumbles, until meat is no longer pink, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chilies, cumin, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil then lower the heat to a gentle simmer and continue to cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Drain macaroni and add to the meat/vegetable mixture.
- Stir in the cilantro and heat through. Taste and adjust the seasonings, adding more salt, pepper, cumin, etc. to taste.
2 Weight Watchers Points per Serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Knife Set with Block 17 Piece Set Kitchen Knives
KYTD Nonstick Soup Pot with Lid Casserole Pot Granite Stone Coating Induction Compatible, 5-Quart
Stock Pot, ROCKURWOK Nonstick Soup Pot Pasta Cooking Pot with Lid, Cast Aluminum Casserole Dutch Oven with Double Wooden Handle, 3.3 Quart, White
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 211Cholesterol 41mgSodium 139mgCarbohydrates 25gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 22g