Everyone loves food so Cracker Candy is the perfect gift giving item. You can wrap it in a cute cellophane bag or one of those decorated containers and slap a bow on top & it’s ready to go. This is also a recipe that uses a lot of ingredients you may already have in your pantry! Enjoy! Be sure to check out our -> Two Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge and get in the kitchen and cook up some great gifts! What is your go to holiday treat recipe??
- 2 sticks margarine or butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter chips, 1/2 of a 12 oz bag
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 of a 12 oz bag
- 2 sleeves saltine crackers
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Completely line a 10 x 15 cookie sheet with aluminum foil (cover the edges). Cover the foil with the saltine crackers, lining up very tightly. Overlapping at edges is fine & breaking crackers in half to fill in empy spaces is fine, too.
- In a medium saucepan melt margarine on medium heat. Stir in sugar and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes while stirring constantly. After you have boiled for 3 minutes pour butter sugar mixture over saltines. Bake in oven for 5 - 7 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and pour peanut butter and chocolate chips over crackers (heat will melt chips). Allow to sit for 1 minute and start to spread chips over the crackers. (rubber spatula works great). Generously cover crackers with melting chips. Place in refrigerator to cool. When cooled completely foil should pull up from sides and you can flip over and peel off. Break crackers into bite size pieces. Store in a covered container in a cool place. (we have an unheated enclosed porch, it's perfect)