Coleslaw dressing is a classic recipe that is easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients. This creamy homemade coleslaw dressing is perfect for adding flavor to shredded cabbage and other vegetables and is a great side dish for barbecues, picnics, or family dinners.
Making your own coleslaw dressing allows you to customize the flavor to your liking, and you can adjust the sweetness, tanginess, and creaminess to suit your taste. Plus, it’s much more cost-effective than buying pre-made dressing at the grocery store.
This post contains links for items to purchase. I make a commission on any sales.
Vinegar substitutes for the homemade coleslaw sauce
If you’re looking to replace apple cider vinegar in the homemade coleslaw dressing, there are a few options depending on your preferences and what you have on hand.
- Lemon or Lime Juice: Citrus juices such as lemon or lime juice can be used in place of vinegar in coleslaw dressing. These juices will add a tangy flavor and a bright, fresh taste to the dressing.
- Yogurt: Yogurt can be used to replace some or all of the mayonnaise in the dressing, and it will add a tangy flavor to the dressing without the use of vinegar.
- Rice Vinegar: Rice vinegar is a mild, slightly sweet vinegar that can be used as a substitute for white vinegar in coleslaw dressing. It has a milder flavor that won’t overpower the other ingredients in the dressing.
- Sour Cream: If you prefer a creamier dressing, you can use sour cream instead of mayonnaise in the dressing. This will give the dressing a tangy flavor without the use of vinegar.
Courtesy Point Calculations
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
What goes well with homemade coleslaw sauce?
Coleslaw is a versatile dish that can be paired with many different types of food. Here are some popular dishes that coleslaw goes well with:
- Weight Watchers Fish Tacos
- Weight Watchers Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- Weight Watchers Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Delicious & Easy Taco Bake Recipe
How to make homemade coleslaw dressing
To make this coleslaw dressing, you will need some light mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, and some honey (or 2-4 packets of stevia). You will also need celery seeds, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
Simply mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined. Chill the dressing in the refrigerator before adding it to your coleslaw mix. This recipe makes about 16 servings of 1 tablespoon each, enjoy!
How to Store Homemade Coleslaw Dressing
When it comes to homemade coleslaw, the dressing is one of the most important ingredients. The combination of flavors in a creamy, tangy coleslaw dressing makes every bite deliciously satisfying.
But when you make your own coleslaw dressings at home, you need to find a way to store them properly so that they retain their flavor, texture, and color.
Don’t worry; there’s a way to store it and make sure it lasts for more than a week. You need to make sure that you store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator. This prevents the air from entering the container and spoiling it.
So next time you have a surplus of coleslaw dressing, don’t hesitate to store it properly and enjoy it later.
- Scant 3/4 cup light mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (or 2 to 4 packets stevia)
- ¾ teaspoon celery seeds
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Mix all of the ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined.
Chill the dressing in the refrigerator before adding it to your coleslaw mix.
1 WW Point per serving of 1 tbsp of dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hellmann's Lighter than Light Squeezy Mayonnaise 430ml
BEEKEEPER'S NATURALS Wildflower Honey - Raw, Wildcrafted, and Unprocessed- Rich in Nutrients and Beneficial Enzymes- Notes of Mint & Lavender-100% Raw, Pure Honey- Paleo-friendly, Gluten-Free (1.1lbs)
Bragg Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, 32 oz
US Acrylic Vista Clear Plastic Salad and Serving 10-inch Bowls | set of 3 | Reusable, BPA-free, Made in the USA, Microwave & Dishwasher Safe Dinnerware | 135 oz. capacity
OXO Good Grips Twist & Pour Salad Dressing Mixer, Gray
Concord Foods, Coleslaw Mix, 1.87oz Packet (Pack of 6)
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 37Total Fat 3gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 2mgSodium 152mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 0g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.