I am always on the hunt for new recipes to try. Bloggers are a great resource for recipes, making the hunt so much easier. Earlier this month one of the blogs, I follow, Simply Stacie posted a recipe for Sweet Potato Home Fries. My family eats a lot of sweet potatoes. I wanted to give the recipe a try, with our own special twist, maple syrup! I hope you enjoy it! Be sure to pin it and share with your friends!
Maple Sweet Potato Home Fries
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and diced
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 medium sweet Vidalia onion sliced thin
- 1 – 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Maple Syrup to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium in saute pan.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook for approx 8 mins.
- Add the onion and continue to cook for another 5 – 7 mins or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cooked bacon, salt and pepper.
- Remove potatoes from heat and plate.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve.
We made the home fries as part of breakfast for dinner. I could eat sweet potatoes all day long. The maple syrup gives them just the right amount of sweetness.