Tzatziki Sauce recipe say that three times as fast as you can! Ha..that is definitely a tongue twister. Tzatziki Sauce is delicious dill flavored sauce you will find on a Gyro or can use as a dip, too. You may also here it called, Gyro Sauce.
This Tzatziki sauce recipe was crafted by my hubby. Each time he creates it, it seems to taste better. When we use it as a topping on Gyros, he usually makes it the night before or early in the morning, so all the flavors have time to blend together. It has just a bit of tang, adding the perfect topping to a Gyro.
We like garlic. Thus we use fresh and powder in this recipe. Use as a sauce on gyros or your favorite sandwich. A great dip for pita chips or fresh veggies.
Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
This recipe starts with simple fresh ingredients. Garlic, cucumber, onion, mayo, sour cream and my favorite, dill! You can mix and store all in the same bowl, what could be easier??
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and cut into small chunks
- ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons Mayo
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- Sprinkle salt on cucumber chunks and let sit for 5 - 10 mins.
- Dice cucumber finer and push down slightly to remove water.
- Carefully scoop cucumber in to a bowl while leaving water behind.
- Combine the cucumber with the onion, yogurt, sour cream, mayo garlic, garlic powder and dill.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Add additional salt to taste.
Amount Per Serving Calories 663Saturated Fat 23gCholesterol 108mgSodium 1541mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 2gSugar 14gProtein 21g