Are you looking for a delicious and nourishing meal to spice up your life? Our spicy cabbage soup is here to tantalize your taste buds while providing essential vitamins and minerals that just can’t be found in the soup at the grocery store.
Not only is this dish incredibly tasty, but it’s also surprisingly simple to make. It’s the perfect way to get some of your daily nutrients without having to spend hours in the kitchen. So if you’re looking for an exciting new recipe that feeds both body and soul, give this spicy cabbage soup a try. It won’t disappoint!
This post contains affiliate links to products used in the recipe. If you click through and make a purchase we make a commission.
Does cabbage soup work for weight loss?
Cabbage soup has been embraced by many as a tool they can use to aid in weight-loss. While it is certainly not a one-size-fits-all solution, those who have tried spicy cabbage soup as part of their diet plan report amazing results. Eating spicy and flavorful cabbage soup, with or without some additional vegetables, allows for good nutrition while also feeling full and satisfied.
Courtesy Points Calculation
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
Cabbage provides all the nutrients that your body needs in a low caloric package, giving you the opportunity to continue eating and having satisfying meals, but still managing your calorie intake and reaching your weight loss goals. So if you are looking for a new way to spice up your meals while working towards shedding a few extra pounds, adding spicy cabbage soup could be the perfect idea!
How to make this soup
Making spicy cabbage soup is a quick and easy way to get dinner on the table in no time! Start off by sautéing onion and garlic in olive oil until golden brown on a skillet. Once they have softened, add shredded cabbage, tomatoes, and your favorite seasonings such as chili pepper flakes, cumin, and paprika.
Let the vegetables simmer together for about five minutes before adding broth and allowing the soup to cook for a few more minutes. Finally, right before serving stir in some sour cream to make it creamy and spicy. Enjoy!
More soup recipes to try
If you love to tuck in with a soup on a cozy night then you must try these other soup ideas.
- Ground Turkey Soup with Beans
- Crockpot Minestrone Soup
- Weight Watchers Corn Soup
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Benefits of eating cabbage on a daily basis
Eating cabbage on a daily basis can be quite beneficial to your health. Cabbage is packed with vitamins, including vitamins C and K, and is low in calories. Not to mention, cabbage soup is particularly warm during the cold winter months. Incorporating this superfood into your diet can help you maintain good eye health as it contains carotenoids which act as antioxidants, promoting healthy cell growth and preventing eye damage from sunlight.
Additionally, it may reduce inflammation since cabbage contains sulforaphane, a compound known for its anti-inflammatory effects. Lastly, studies have shown that including cabbage in your diet can support weight loss due to its high water content — cabbages are approximately 90% water! So why not give spicy cabbage soup a try? It could become the healthiest part of your daily routine!
- 2 tsp Chili garlic sauce
- 1 pound cooked 99% fat-free ground turkey breast - crumbled
- 1 medium onion- diced
- 1 Large Egg- Whites Only
- Ginger root - 1 tbsp, fresh grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro ,fresh, chopped
- 2 tbs black pepper
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 6 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 4 cups shredded uncooked napa cabbage
- 2 medium uncooked carrot - chopped
- 2 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp ground cayenne pepper
- Add turkey , cilantro, salt ,pepper, 1/2 tbsp of ginger root, cayenne and eggs to the skillet and cook turkey until browned. Constantly chopping to make crumbles while cooking.
- Combine broth, chili-garlic sauce, and remaining 1/2 tbsp- ginger in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat
- Add cabbage, carrots and onion and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in turkey, lime juice, and fish sauce.
- Ladle evenly into 6 bowls and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hiware 12-Piece Soup Spoons, Round Stainless Steel Bouillon Spoons
Stock Pot, ROCKURWOK Nonstick Soup Pot Pasta Cooking Pot with Lid, Cast Aluminum Casserole Dutch Oven with Double Wooden Handle, 3.3 Quart, White
KYTD Nonstick Soup Pot with Lid Casserole Pot Granite Stone Coating Induction Compatible, 5-Quart
DOWAN Cereal Bowl, 22 Ounce Soup Bowls White Ceramic Bowl Set of 6, White Porcelain Bowls for Kitchen, Oven & Dishwasher & Microwave Safe, White Porcelain Soup Bowls for Cereal Soup Rice Pasta Salad
KISEER Soup Ladle, Stainless Steel Sauce Ladle for Home Kitchen or Restaurant, 11 Inch, Set of 2 - Ladle/Strainer Ladle
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 461Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 212mgSodium 926mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 59g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.