Making a toilet paper roll bird feeder is a quick and easy to create with the kids! My kids love watching the birds year round and this bird feeder is their favorite because its so fun and can be a bit messy. I recommend making these outside or with lots of newspaper on the table inside. Give the kids a plastic knife and let them spread away. This a great way to repurpose household items, increase fine motor strenght (spreading) and feed those hungry birds!
Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeders Supplies:
- Empty toilet paper roll
- Peanut butter
- Rope or string to hang up
- Bird seed
- Container to roll the toilet paper roll through seed in
Directions for Toilet Paper Roll Bird Feeder:
- Spread Peanut Butter over the toilet paper roll
- Roll the roll through the seed and string the roll
- Hang on tree branch and enjoy the birds eating the seeds!!
You can make this educational by identifying different birds that come to your feeder!!!