This delicious Instant Pot pork and sauerkraut is packed with flavor! It’s the perfect Weight Watchers comfort food meal! Try out this easy dinner recipe tonight!
This post contains links to products we use. If you buy through the link we earn a commission.
Why use an Instant Pot for pork and sauerkraut?
A better question would be why do it any other way. The Instant Pot is a great kitchen tool and it not only makes quick work of this usually time consuming recipe, it does so in a way that means you don’t have to spend all your time in the kitchen.
When people ask me why I use the Instant Pot to make a traditional recipe that could go into the slow cooker or the oven, it’s usually about both time and convenience. The Instant Pot is mess free. I don’t have to monitor the process from start to finish!
If you need more reason than that, consider the fact that your pork will be perfectly tender and juicy an added bonus. No dried out or tough pork happening with the Instant Pot!
Here’s what you’ll need to make Instant Pot pork and sauerkraut
As always you can find the full list of ingredients and amounts in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post. For those of you planning your shopping lists for the week, check out these ingredients and see what you have on hand to use from home!
I love to shop my pantry before I head to the grocery store so that nothing ends up being wasted or forgotten!
We will be using lean pork loin, onions, apples, sauerkraut, salt and pepper, caraway seeds, and some oil. The recipe also calls for light beer, if it’s not something you have on hand I certainly wouldn’t bother with buying some just for this recipe but it does give the pork an extra and unique flavor!
How to make Weight Watchers pork and sauerkraut:
This is a Weight Watchers recipe, so of course I have that information for you as well. This recipe is 3 WW points per serving.
WW Courtesy Point Calculation
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
One serving is 2 pieces of pork and 3/4 cup of the sauerkraut mixture. The entire recipe serves 6 so you can use that for reference when slicing your pork and preparing your plates, containers, or portions!Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
First thing we need to do is cut the pork loin with a chef’s knife into 12 large chunks. Be careful to keep them even so that the portions are symmetrical and balanced. After they are cut, season them on both sides with salt and pepper.
While you are seasoning the pork, get the Instant Pot ready. Place the pork into the Instant Pot and add the beer. Next, add the onions, caraway seeds, garlic, and apples to the inner pot. Put the sauerkraut in last.
Set the Instant Pot to high pressure cook for 15 minutes. One the timer goes off, allow the pressure to naturally release. Give it at least 15 minutes to naturally release before you release any remaining pressure.
Now we’re ready to open the pot and transfer everything to a serving platter, plates, or meal prep containers. Remember, each serving is 2 slices of the pork and about 3/4 cup of sauerkraut.
Can I make this recipe in the slow cooker?
I have a slow cooker version of this recipe you can check out if you’d prefer to make it that way. It’s equally delicious and still pretty simple / doesn’t require much monitoring. It does take much longer to make this way so make sure you are prepped for that!
Looking for other delicious Instant Pot recipes?
If you are on the hunt for ways to put your Instant Pot to good use, check out these other Weight Watchers recipes that you can make in the Instant Pot.
- Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken Recipe
- 10 Weight Watchers Instant Pot Dessert Recipes
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot Sausages Recipe
- 1 1/2 Pound Boneless Pork Loin, Lean, Trimmed of Fat
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1 Teaspoon Canola Oil
- 2 Pounds of Sauerkraut, Rinsed & Dried
- 1 Medium Onion, Sliced
- 1 Medium Apple, Cored & Chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Caraway Seeds
- 4 Ounces Light Beer
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic
- First thing we need to do is cut the pork loin into 12 large chunks. Be careful to keep them even so that the portions are symmetrical and balanced. After they are cut, season them on both sides with salt and pepper.
- While you are seasoning the pork, get the Instant Pot ready. Place the pork into the Instant Pot and add the beer. Next, add the onions, caraway seeds, garlic, and apples to the inner pot. Put the sauerkraut in last.
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure cook for 15 minutes. One the timer goes off, allow the pressure to naturally release. Give it at least 15 minutes to naturally release before you release any remaining pressure.
- Now we're ready to open the pot and transfer everything to a serving platter, plates, or meal prep containers. Remember, each serving is 2 slices of the pork and about 3/4 cup of sauerkraut.
3 WW points per serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Glass Meal Prep Containers, [10 Pack] Glass Food Storage Containers with Lids, Airtight Glass Bento Boxes, BPA Free & Leak Proof (10 Lids & 10 Containers)
Spring Chef Premium Swivel Vegetable Peeler
Gorilla Grip Durable Kitchen Cutting Board Set of 3, BPA Free, Large Dishwasher Safe Reversible Plastic Boards, Nonslip Handle and Border, Deep Grooves, Chopping Food, Baking Cooking Meat, Black
MOSFiATA 8" Carving Knife and 7" Fork Set Brisket Slicing Knife Premium Meat Cutting Knife German High Carbon Stainless Steel EN.4116 BBQ knives for Slicing Meats, Fruits and Vegetables
Amazon Basics 18-Piece Premium Kitchen Knife Block Set, High-Carbon Stainless Steel Blades with Pine Wood Knife Block
Instant Pot Duo Nova 7-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker,
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 285Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 91mgSodium 1103mgCarbohydrates 13gFiber 6gSugar 7gProtein 32g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.