Experimenting with foods and flavors is something my husband does very well. He is normally the head cook and likes to create new recipes. He even cleans up the mess. Isn’t that awesome?
Gyros(pronounced heroes) are one of his favorite foods, so with no pitas and no lamb meat he crafted the Gyro Pizza as a perfect substitute. You will need to make a Tzatziki Sauce the night before so it has lots of flavor to add to your Gyro Pizzas.
We use the recipe found on Brown Eyed Baker here –> Tzatziki Sauce Recipe.
Gyro Pizza Recipe #15MinuteSuppers
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 6 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Lamb or Lean Beef
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
- 4 oz shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Thinly Sliced Tomato
- Thinly Sliced Onion
- Shredded Lettuce
- TZATZIKI Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Brush tortillas with olive oil and bake for 3 mins on each side
- In the meantime, mix seasonings into meat and fry until no pink remains.
- Divide meat evenly on tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese, Tzatzki Sauce, lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Use pizza cutter to slice into triangles.
Sunday 13th of March 2016
My mom makes Gyros all the time! She would really appreciate this recipe because she likes a different spin on thing she loves to make. Thanks so much! :)
Layered Strawberry Banana Smoothie - Around My Family Table
Tuesday 3rd of February 2015
[…] Gyro Pizza from Just 2 Sisters […]
60+ Pizza Recipes - It's a Keeper
Tuesday 16th of December 2014
[…] of Sweet BBQ Chicken Pizza from Having Fun Saving Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza from Just Two Sisters Gyro Pizza from Just Two Sisters Cashew, Sausage and Basil Pizza from Dizzy, Busy and […]
35 Garden Tomato Recipes - See Mom Click
Sunday 15th of June 2014
[…] Gyro Pizza Recipe – Just 2 Sisters […]
25 Yummy Pizza Recipes (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Dessert Pizzas)
Monday 26th of May 2014
[…] Gyro Pizza […]