Experimenting with foods and flavors is something my husband does very well. He is normally the head cook and likes to create new recipes. He even cleans up the mess. Isn’t that awesome? Gyros(pronounced heroes) are one of his favorite foods, so with no pitas and no lamb meat he crafted the Gyro Pizza as a perfect substitute. You will need to make a Tzatziki Sauce the night before so it has lots of flavor to add to your Gyro Pizzas. We use the recipe found on Brown Eyed Baker here –> Tzatziki Sauce Recipe.
- 6 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ground Lamb or Lean Beef
- 2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
- 4 oz shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Thinly Sliced Tomato
- Thinly Sliced Onion
- Shredded Lettuce
- TZATZIKI Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Brush tortillas with olive oil and bake for 3 mins on each side
- In the meantime, mix seasonings into meat and fry until no pink remains.
- Divide meat evenly on tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese, Tzatzki Sauce, lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Use pizza cutter to slice into triangles.