Using the air fryer to make healthier versions of my favorite recipes is quick and easy. These loaded air fryer baked potatoes are quick, simple, and delicious. An air fryer baked potato is great for meal prep, appetizers, and side dishes!
If you have been looking for a Weight Watchers loaded baked potatoes recipe, this is the one to try. It’s lower in points, still has all the great flavors and textures you’d expect, and of course these air fryer baked potatoes are easy to make!
I’ve been on something of an air fryer kick lately, I shared air fryer pickles, air fryer blooming onions, and these awesome air fryer shrimp spring rolls. If you have a new air fryer, Ninja Foodi, or Instant Pot Duo Crisp in the house these recipes are a great (and healthier) place to start!
Loaded Air Fryer Baked Potatoes
Using the air fryer to make baked potatoes might seem odd but it gives them a really great texture. They get soft and moist inside but the outside is slightly crisp and browned. The great thing about the air fryer is that you don’t have to submerge the potatoes in a vat of oil to give them a nice crispy exterior!
It’s one of the reasons we really like our air fryer. It gives food that crisp, just fried texture without all the added calories, fat, and grease smelling up the house!
Here is what you will need to make these air fryer baked potatoes:
The only note I have about this recipe is that you want to make sure you are choosing small potatoes. I know it says “baby” and that should indicate that they need to be small but I’ll say it again before the questions start. If the potatoes are more than about 2 inches they are not going to get done in the same amount of time that mine did.
You can use larger potatoes if you like but you’ll need to recalculate the nutrition and points and you’ll need to keep checking them every few minutes after 25 to see when they are fork tender!
- 11 ounces baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- 2 TBSP Hormel Real Bacon Bits
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp finely shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/8 Tsp kosher salt
How to make loaded baked potatoes in the air fryer:
This is a really simple recipe..it is two steps and since you don’t have to really hover over these potatoes while they cook you can be prepping the rest of dinner or just going about your business.
- Toss potatoes with oil to coat. Place potatoes in air fryer basket, and cook at 350°F until fork-tender, 25 minutes, stirring / flipping potatoes occasionally.
- Place potatoes on a serving platter; lightly crush potatoes to split. bacon Top with chives, cheese, sour cream, salt, and crumbled bacon.
Can I make an air fryer baked potato recipe without an air fryer?
You can make these potatoes without an air fryer. They won’t have the same crispy exterior necessarily but you can make the potatoes however you’d like.
The baby Yukon potatoes can go into the oven, microwave, or even the Instant Pot to cook first and then. you can top them as you would the air fryer potatoes coming out of the basket!
How many points are in these WW loaded baked potatoes?
If you are on Weight Watchers Freestyle you know there are three plans now! I’m breaking down the points for these potatoes as written above for each plan. If you make changes, use different ingredients, different sized potatoes, etc. I can’t guarantee the points will be the same so it’s best to calculate them for yourself based on what you end up using!
- Green Plan: 5 Points
- Blue Plan: 5 Points
- Purple Plan: 2 Points
This recipe makes 2 servings so these points are for half of the recipe! If you wanted to cut the points back you could make the total recipe 4 servings.
Printable Loaded Air Fryer Baked Potatoes Recipe:
- 11 ounces baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Hormel Real Bacon Bits
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp finely shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp fat free greek yogurt
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Toss potatoes with oil to coat. Place potatoes in air fryer basket, and cook at
350°F until fork-tender, 25 minutes, stirring potatoes occasionally.
- Place potatoes on a serving platter; lightly crush potatoes to split. bacon Top
with chives, cheese, sour cream, salt, and crumbled bacon.
Amount Per Serving Calories 215Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 12mgSodium 437mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 10g
Looking for more great air fryer recipes to try?
If you have a new air fryer and want to try it out I have some great recipes for you to try! These are all delicious and healthy, calculated for Weight Watchers as well so you can even track them according to whatever color plan you are on for WW Freestyle!
- Air Fryer Blooming Onion
- Air Fryer Pickles | WW Fried Pickles
- Air Fryer Funnel Cake Recipe
- Shrimp Spring Roll Recipe
- Homemade Garlic Aioli Recipe | Lemon Garlic Aioli (for dipping)