This Instant Pot Weight Watchers Apple Cake is going to become a family favorite this fall! With tons of apples at a great price due to the seasonal harvest, it is a perfect time to make a batch of this cake recipe. You can easily slice this into portion sizes, and serve up for breakfast, a sweet treat, or even a snack!
Instant Pot Weight Watchers Apple Cake
This Instant Pot “pot in pot” method of cooking a cake is a great way to free up your oven during the busy holiday season. It’s also a great way to keep your house cool if cooking a cake in the summer months. We are using classic fall flavors with combining the fresh apples, applesauce, and of course cinnamon to create a delicious and moist cake you are going to love.
See how easy this recipe is right here:
This apple cake recipe makes 8 servings at only 6 SmartPoints each. This is a great lower point and satisfying recipe that everyone will love without sacrificing flavor!
Ingredients for Apple Cake Recipe
2 cups flour
1 cup oats
1/2 cup sugar substitute suitable for baking
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cups apples, diced (we used honeycrisp)
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (you can use original or vanilla as long as unsweetened)
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer (Packaging May Vary)Weight Watchers Essential Freestyle CookbookInstant Pot DUO Plus 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer
Directions for Apple Cake Recipe
Place the trivet and 1 cup water into Instant Pot liner.
Spray a bowl or dish that fits into your Instant Pot with non-stick spray.
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
Pour into prepared bowl or dish and place onto trivet inside Instant Pot liner.
Place the Instant Pot lid and set to seal.
Set to Cake function for 25 minutes. Allow to cook, and when complete, NPR (natural pressure release) for 5 minutes.
Release remaining pressure, remove and serve.
Instant Pot Weight Watchers Apple Cake
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute suitable for baking
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups apples diced (we used <g class="gr_ gr_100 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="100" data-gr-id="100">honeycrisp</g>)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk you can use original or vanilla as long as unsweetened
- Place the trivet and 1 cup water into Instant Pot liner.
- Spray a bowl or dish that fits into your Instant Pot with non-stick spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared bowl or dish and place onto trivet inside Instant Pot liner.
- Place the Instant Pot lid and set to seal.
- Set to Cake function for 25 minutes. Allow to cook, and when complete, NPR (natural pressure release) for 5 minutes.
- Release remaining pressure, remove and serve.
Makes 8 Servings
6 SmartPoints per serving on Beyond the Scale
4 Freestyle SmartPoints per serving
Alternate Cooking Method:
Note: This can be made in the oven when cooked at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. You can also make this in larger batches, and freeze in an airtight container or storage bag for up to 4 months.
As you can see, this is a great option for those times you want a yummy apple muffin or cake. This rich and moist apple cake recipe is easy to make in your Instant Pot and fits readily into your Weight Watchers plan.
More Weight Watchers Dessert Recipes:
- 50 SmartPoints Weight Watchers Dessert Recipes
- Weight Watchers Peach Cobbler Recipe
- Crockpot Weight Watchers Baked Apples
- Weight Watchers Pumpkin Bars Recipe