Cooler temperatures require a hearty soup recipe, and our Weight Watchers Black bean Soup is packed full of flavor! This Instant Pot recipe is a great fast and easy meal that you can whip up in under 30 minutes. t’s also ZERO Weight Watchers Freestyle Smart Points!!
Served alongside your favorite low point chips, and some sour cream, lime, and avocado make this a perfect lunch or dinner! It’s also ZERO Weight Watchers Freestyle Smart Points!!
Instant Pot Weight Watchers Black Bean Soup
Using an Instant Pot for simple meals is a great way for you to stay on track in your Weight Watchers journey. This recipe, in particular, is ZERO Freestyle SmartPoints per serving of 1 cup. This soup is a great addition to a side salad or even a low-point sandwich. Take advantage of these zero points foods and fill yourself up!
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer (Packaging May Vary)Weight Watchers Essential Freestyle CookbookInstant Pot DUO Plus 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and Sterilizer
Ingredients for Black Bean Soup:
3 cups cooked black beans (approximately 2 cans rinsed and drained)
1 cup carrots, diced
1 cup swiss chard, chopped fine
1 bell pepper, diced
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups vegetable or chicken stock. (If you use homemade chicken stock the points will increase. Store bought should still be zero)
3 cups water
See how quick and easy this recipe is right here:
Directions for Black Bean Soup:
Chop your carrots, bell peppers, and swiss chard into bite-sized pieces.
Add all vegetables into your Instant Pot. Pour in black beans (rinsed and drained)
Add in stock, seasonings, and water.
Stir to combine.
Place lid on your Instant Pot and seal.
Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes. NPR for 10 minutes.
Serve with lime wedges, cilantro, green onions, avocado, salsa, cheese, or sour cream as desired.
- 3 cups cooked black beans, approximately 2 cans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup swiss chard, chopped fine
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- Chop your carrots, bell peppers, and swiss chard into bite-sized pieces.
- Add all vegetables into your Instant Pot. Pour in black beans (rinsed and drained)
- Add in stock, seasonings, and water.
- Stir to combine.
- Place lid on your Instant Pot and seal.
- Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes. NPR for 10 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges, cilantro, green onions, avocado, salsa, cheese, or sour cream as desired.
Makes 8 Servings (approximately 1 cup)
0 Freestyle SmartPoint per serving
2 SmartPoints per serving (just in case you are stil using the old system)
This black bean soup is packed with flavor and protein. It makes an excellent choice for a great cold weather soup that also goes great in burrito bowls, over rice, or alone for lunch with some chips on the side. We like serving with a squeeze of lime and some cilantro, but you can easily add your own favorite toppings. Jack cheese, guacamole or avocado slices all add healthy fats and flavor you’ll love.
More Weight Watchers Recipes:
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
- Weight Watchers SmartPoints Salads
- Instant Pot Mushroom Barley Soup
- Instant Pot Weight Watchers Macaroni and Cheese