Milk Jug Ghosts are so quick and easy to create and they were a huge hit in our house!! Sorry the picture didn’t turn out the best. I wanted to get a night time picture to show the true “ghost” look.
We drink a lot of milk and iced tea in this house. Which means we have to make plenty of trips to the recycling bins each month. I am always trying to find ways to repurpose those empty jugs. If it’s not a craft like the Milk Jug Ghost, it’s a scoop, plant cover or water storage in case the power goes out. You can always find an alternate use if you try hard enough.
When I found this Arts To Crafts tutorial I knew the milk jug ghost would be right at home on our front steps. We don’t get a lot of action on Halloween night, but it’s nice to have a few decorations just in case someone decides to knock on our door and say, “Trick or Treat.”
I lit up the ghosts with these battery operated tea lights (affiliate link) you can find on the Amazon site.
Supply List for Milk Jug Ghosts:
- Empty clean milk jugs
- Battery operated tea light(affiliate link)
- Black Paint Marker or Black Paint & Brush
Steps to Create Milk Jug Ghosts:
- Be sure to properly clean milk jug and allow to dry
- Use your paint to create the face of the ghost. You can create any design on the milk jug and allow the kids to create their own as well
- On the backside of your milk jug right below where the handle is use your scissors (affiliate link) to cut a hole to allow you to put in the battery operated tea light
- Turn on the tea light to create light the ghost up!!!