Do you know what Pierogies are? They are pasta filled with potatoes and cheese. Our favorite brand is Mrs. T’s. They come in a lot of different flavors, even sweet potato. Casseroles are a mainstay when cooking for for a big family. They help keep the grocery bill down and clean up is much easier.
This casserole was created by my husband. He is a master at opening the refrigerator or freezer and dreaming up yummy things to eat. We had some leftover taco meat from salads this week, so he through together this tasty casserole. It’s quick and easy and can be tailored to any taste. Husbands that cook rock!
Pierogie Taco Lasagna Casserole Recipe!
- 12 Frozen Pierogies (Mrs. T's work best)
- 2 - 12 oz bags frozen veggies of your choice ( I like California Blend)
- 1 lb ground meat
- Taco seasoning (make your own)
- 8 oz Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Thaw pierogies as directed on package. Cook ground meat, drain and season to taste. Thaw veggies.
- Place pierogies on bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Top with vegetables and meat. Cover top with cheese. Cover pan with foil and cook for approx 20 mins until cheese is melted and all ingredients are heated through. Uncover and cook an additional 5 minutes to brown cheese. Enjoy!
Thursday 23rd of February 2017
This is too funny. I am Italian my husband is Polish (his favorite food is pierogi by the way) this is like the perfect combination for us both!
Wednesday 22nd of February 2017
All those words sounded so wrong together that I had to click over - looks like a super meal & fast to the table for a busy young family!
I came to visit from Over the Moon link party; I hope you'll find time one day to stop by the 4Shoes!
Tuesday 21st of February 2017
I wouldn't have thought to put them in a casserole. thanks for sharing at Family Joy Blog linkup.
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome
Friday 17th of February 2017
This sounds amazing! I'd love to have you share it at The Taco Tuesday link up!
Thursday 16th of February 2017
What a clever meal! I love pierogies, tacos and lasagna. Thank you for sharing at the Creative Muster Party. Pinned Robin | Fluster Buster