Are you going to be celebrating the birth of our great country with a bang? We found a great way to celebrate the USA with these fun and tasty Flag Waffles.
Heat up your waffle irons and make these cute patriotic waffles for breakfast on the 4th of July or any day! Don’t have a waffle iron? You can easily make these on a frozen waffle, too! The kids will have a blast making and eating these delicious and nutritious patriotic treats!
INGREDIENTS FOR PATRIOTIC WAFFLES
Waffles (homemade or store-bought)
Whipped Cream Cheese
Fresh strawberries, sliced diagonally
Bananas, sliced length-wise and then sliced in half
DIRECTIONS FOR PATRIOTIC WAFFLES
1. Spread a thin layer of whipped cream cheese on a waffle.
3. Place a single layer of blueberries along the entire outer edge of the waffle.
4. Add additional blueberries to the upper left corner of the waffle to resemble the stars of the flag.
5. Alternate strawberry and banana slices to make the stripes of the flag, the cream cheese will hold the fruit pieces in place.
6. Repeat step 5 all of the way down the waffle.
INGREDIENTS FOR HOMEMADE WAFFLES
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 T granulated sugar
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 3/4 cups whole milk
HOMEMADE WAFFLES DIRECTIONS
1. Add all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until blended.
2. Separate both eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture and placing the whites in a separate small mixing bowl.
3. Beat the whites until stiff peaks form, set aside.
4. And the milk and melted butter to the dry ingredient mixture and blend well.
5. Fold the stiff egg whites into the dry ingredient mixture.
6. Pour waffle batter into a hot waffle iron and bake.
7. Remove hot waffle from waffle iron and immediately place on plate to cool.
The Flag Waffles are loaded with fruit and easy to make, what else can you ask for. I am sure you will be making this recipe for more than just breakfast.
Will you use homemade or frozen to make flag waffles?