Can I lower the points on these slow cooker pork tacos?
The main recipe here is all about the pork. It’s not a bad recipe in terms of points but you can actually save yourself some points in the toppings and how you serve these. Some great options are below:
Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Slow Cooker with Digital Timer, Stainless Steel , SCCPVL610-SCrock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook’ N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless SteelCrock-Pot SCV700SS Stainless Steel 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker, 7 Quart
- Serve without tortillas
- Top with fresh veggies
- Use low fat / non fat cheese for topping
- Use a lean cut for your pork roast
Do you have other great Weight Watchers dinner recipes?
- Weight Watchers Cheeseburger Pizza | Tortilla Pizza
- Weight Watchers Turkey Minestrone | Slow Cooker Recipe
- Weight Watchers Italian Chicken
- Weight Watchers Green Bean Casserole
Printable Slow Cooker Pork Tacos Recipe:
- 4 pound pork roast
- 1 cup water
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- Cut pork roast in a criss cross fashion. Rub spices into the crevices.
- Place pork in the slow cooker along with water and onion.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with fork. Serve on flour tortillas with taco fixings.
Makes 8-12 Servings
5 Freestyle Smart Points (with 10 servings) meat only, include your toppings in your calculations as well as tortillas or taco shells.
Amount Per Serving Calories 245Saturated Fat 2gCholesterol 114mgSodium 323mgCarbohydrates 1gProtein 40g