“I wrote about my experience with Poise Microliner as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. Regardless, this is my story and all opinions are my own personal experiences. #SAMInYourPants”
Staying Confident During Exercise Routines: Eating right, drinking lots of water and exercising are a few of the tools I use in my battle to lose weight. Focusing on the eating right and the water has been the easiest part so far, but I still have a long way to go. I struggle daily trying to stay confident during exercise routines.
Confession…I suffer from exercise induced light bladder leakage. There I said it! I am an overweight, 40 something women who pees her pants. Not the greatest of confidence boosters. Climbing, running (that doesn’t happen often), and jumping are a few of the things that cause me distress. It’s nothing major, just a drip or two, but it is uncomfortable and awkward. For the longest time, I just ignored it, trying to cover it up with period pads, frequent showers and lots of laundry. No more ignorance, it’s time to take charge and shape up the whole body.
Ironically, what I need to do to help strengthen my pelvic muscles in an effort to combat the light bladder leakage is exercise. I told you it was ironic. Sounds like a vicious circle to me. A circle that I want to end. So, off to the gym I go. I love when I get to the gym and I have the whole place to myself. The treadmills with a view are definitely a mood enhancer. Here a few tips I’ve come up with to establish an exercise routine I can tackle with confidence. I am not a doctor, so be sure to always check with your health care provider, before starting any kind of exercise routine.
Ideas for staying confident during exercise routines:
- Remember to start slow and gradually increase the duration and intensity of excercise routines.
- Limit the amount of jumping and bouncing excercises you engage in.
- Try a few new low impact exercises such as yoga, stretch bands, walking or swimming.
- Choose the excercise machines you use wisely. Walking on treadmills, using a rowing machine and recumbent bikes are great choices.
- Try Poise Microliners with Super Absorbent Material (SAM) that provides discreet protection so LBL doesn’t interfere with exercise. #SAMinYourPants
- You must, you must, do your Kegel Exercises!! Strengthening your pelvic muscles is a necessity you don’t want to avoid! Do them anytime, anywhere, no one will ever know!
Each day I am getting a bit stronger and a bit more confident during exercise routines. Each small step is getting me closer to feeling better and obtaining my weight loss goal. Thankfully, using a Poise Microliner for LBL gives me one less thing to worry about.
Be sure to like Poise on Facebook and follow Poise on Twitter.
Do you have any tips on staying confident during exercise routines?