This is an easy recipe for Weight Watchers shrimp and grits. It’s a shrimp and grits Weight Watchers points breakdown as well! Check out this easy lighter grits recipe that the whole family will love!
This post contains links to products we use. If you buy through the link we earn a commission.
A classic recipe that is made a little lighter for Weight Watchers and those on a more health conscious journey. You don’t have to be on the Weight Watchers program to enjoy this recipe or the shrimp and gris Weight Watchers points breakdown. You can check it out, see if it will fit in with your plan, or enjoy it on another healthy lifestyle plan if you like!
What you’ll need for this shrimp and grits recipe:
The great thing about this delicious recipe is that you won’t need a ton of complicated ingredients. All of these items should be relatively easy to get you hands on and if not, let me know, maybe there’s something you can substitute!
Be sure to check out the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more info, full measurements, and instructions!
You will need olive oil, garlic, low sodium chicken broth, salt, water, and spinach. We’ll also be using white corn grits, creole seasoning and shrimp!
Weight Watchers shrimp and grits recipe:
Now that we know what we need let’s dive in and put it all together to make some Weight Watchers friendly magic in the kitchen.
First heat half the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Next add in the broth, water, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil before stirring in the grits.
Reduce the heat and cook covered. Stir occasionaly to avoid sticking and keep cooking until the grits thicken. About 5 minutes should be plenty.
Remove from the heat and add in the spinach slowly, stirring until it’s well combined.
While that’s cooking you can prep the shrimp. Stir together the remaining oil, salt and seasoning in a bowl. Toss in the shirmp and mix until they’re well coated.
Cook the shrimp over medium high heat in a ridged grill pan. About 3-4 minutes or until opaque in the middle.
Divide the grits into four bowls and top with shrimp before serving!
Shrimp and grits Weight Watchers Points:
Courtesy WW Point Calculation
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
Any other changes or substitutions and you will need to recalculate the recipe for yourself to be sure you have the right counts. I use the recipe creator on the Weight Watchers site!
Looking for more delicious Weight Watchers recipes?
Making great food for Weight Watchers doesn’t have to be difficult, or bland. I love a delicious recipe as much as the next person and I have been doing WW for years. One of my favorites are these pork chops. So flavorful and easy to make. Another family favorite is this Weight Watchers Salmon Sheet Pan Meal!
Printable Weight Watchers Shrimp and Grits Recipe:
- 4 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 14 Ounces Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Teaspoon Table Salt
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Quick Cooking White Corn Grits, Uncooked
- 3 Cups Baby Spinach, Firmly Packed
- 1 1/4 Teaspoon Creole Seasoning
- 1 Pound Medium Uncooked Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- First heat half the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Next add in the broth, water, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil before stirring in the grits.
- Reduce the heat and cook covered. Stir occasionaly to avoid sticking and keep cooking until the grits thicken. About 5 minutes should be plenty.
- Remove from the heat and add in the spinach slowly, stirring until it's well combined.
- While that's cooking you can prep the shrimp. Stir together the remaining oil, salt and seasoning in a bowl. Toss in the shirmp and mix until they're well coated.
- Cook the shrimp over medium high heat in a ridged grill pan. About 3-4 minutes or until opaque in the middle.
- Divide the grits into four bowls and top with shrimp before serving!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 301Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 143mgSodium 1294mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 2gSugar 0gProtein 21g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
This post is in no way authorized or associated with the Weight Watchers Program.