If you are trying to live a healthy lifestyle and make better food choices, you have probably had cottage cheese on the menu more than once. I love finding new and healthy ways to recreate some of my favorite dishes.
This cottage cheese caprese salad is delicious and it’s a much more healthy alternative to the traditional version. Cottage cheese caprese salad is even Weight Watchers friendly! One half cup serving is just 2 points or enjoy a whole cup for just 4 points!
This post contains affiliate links to products used in the recipe. If you click through and make a purchase we make a commission.
- What are enchiladas?
- Should I use flour or corn tortillas for enchiladas?
- Should this chicken enchilada casserole be covered when baking?
- What are enchiladas usually filled with?
- How many Weight Watchers points are in a enchilada casserole?
- What can I serve with Weight Watchers enchilada casserole?
- How do I make Weight Watchers enchilada casserole?
- How long does Weight Watchers enchilada casserole last?
- Can I freeze Weight Watchers enchilada casserole?
One of the biggest challenges I face on my quest to live an active and healthy lifestyle is coming up with ideas for easy lunches and snacks. I need to make good choices about the foods I eat, but don’t want to sacrifice taste and convenience.
There are hundreds of ways to combine ingredients to make cottage cheese mix-ins and smoothies that will have your taste buds asking for more. You can take cottage cheese to places it has never gone before!
If you aren’t a fan of cottage cheese, I’d challenge you to give it a try with some different mix in’s. Sometimes the traditional presentation can overwhelming and less appealing.
If you are looking for a fun way to recreate your own recipes using more health concious ingredients don’t forget to think about textures! You can choose ingredients from categories like crunchy, sweet, veggies, spices, or select a food based on its nutritional benefit, like antioxidant, potassium,vitamins or fiber. If you keep it fresh and new there’s less of a chance you’ll get bored, hit a plateau, or simple give up altogether.
Cottage Cheese Caprese Salad
Step 1 is selecting the cottage cheese you will use to create the recipe. When I created the Cottage Cheese Caprese Salad, I chose the 1% Lowfat Cottage Cheese. 15 grams of protein and long-lasting energy will be the perfect way to get me through the mid-day slump!
Step 2 is adding your mix in’s. In this case that means some fresh basil and cherry tomatoes from my local farmers market.
Step 3 is seeing your creation. I made the Cottage Cheese Caprese Salad high in protein, anti-oxidants, and some Vitamin K, too.
I also made several other creations that I will be trying as snacks and breakfast. Cottage cheese is versatile and will keep you energized all day long. Feel free to add cottage cheese to your meal plan, anytime of the day.
Cottage Cheese Caprese Salad Recipe and Weight Watchers Info:
Low fat Cottage Cheese, balsamic vinegar, cherry tomatoes and basil make a quick lunch! This recipe uses 1 cup cottage cheese.
Which WW Program are these points for?
WW has definitely changed from 2020 to now. They went from three to one plan to multiple plans and back to one plan again. So in 2023, we have just plain old “POINTS.”
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
- 1 Cup low fat Cottage Cheese
- 8-10 Grape Tomatoes
- 4-5 Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Cut grape tomatoes in half lengthwise
- Chop 1/2 the fresh basil into bite size pieces.
- Fold 1/2 of the grape tomatoes and chopped basil into the cottage cheese and stir lightly.
- Garnish with remaining tomatoes and basil leaves.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.