I’m all about the Instant Pot recipes lately and these chicken and back bean taquitos are proof that it’s a great new obsession! Instant Pot chicken and black bean taquitos are tasty, low in points, and easy to make. Don’t miss out on any of these Weight Watchers chicken recipes!
These delicious Instant Pot chicken and black bean taquitos are simple to make but everyone loves them! It’s a great family friendly recipe that is also good for WW.
For those of you who need something different, but want something easy you have to check out this Instant Pot recipe. It takes a lot of stress out of the cooking process. If you want to make the most out of your Instant Pot, try these quick and easy Weight Watchers Instant Pot Recipes!
This recipe post contains affiliate links to products used in the recipe. If you click through and make a purchase we make a commission.
Instant Pot Chicken and Black Bean Taquitos
If you like tacos you have to give these chicken and black bean taquitos a try! They’re so delicious and healthy. The whole family will devour this tasty dinner recipe. Don’t forget that these taquitos are also Weight Watchers friendly and I’ve included ways to alter the recipe to reduce points.
Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerTotal Package 9-in-1 Instant Programmable Pressure Cooker, with Endless Recipes and Deluxe Accessory Kit by Yedi Houseware (6 Qt)Mealthy MultiPot 9-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker 6 Quarts with Stainless Steel Pot, Steamer Basket, instant access to recipe app. Pressure cook, slow cook, sauté, rice cooker, yogurt, steam
Do I have to make these taquitos in the Instant Pot?
You don’t have to make them in the Instant Pot but it’s the easiest way and I’ve included the directions to make them in the Instant Pot. If you want to make them on the stovetop it’s pretty simple. You’ll just need to cook your chicken and rice ahead of time and then combine the ingredients in the same order listed for the Instant Pot.
How many Weight Watchers Points are in these chicken and black bean taquitos?
This recipe has a total of 9 points per serving. You can lower the points by cutting down on the rice and substituting with cauliflower rice.
Which WW Program are these points for?
WW has definitely changed from 2020 to now. They went from three to one plan to multiple plans and back to one plan again. So in 2023, we have just plain old “POINTS.”
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
For older program points you can scroll down:
I’ve calculated this recipe with 6 servings. That means that making six taquitos you could have one for 9 points. There are some easy ways to reduce the points though so don’t worry!
You can serve this mixture over a bed of greens, that will reduce your points to 5 per serving. You can also leave out the butter and the cheese which would make each taquito just 3 points.
How do I make these chicken and black bean taquitos?
Set your Instant Pot to the sauté function. Add the olive oil, butter, garlic and onion. Cook until the garlic and onion are fragrant and translucent.
Add chicken broth
Add taco seasoning. Mix ingredients together well.
Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.
Add the corn and beans.
Add the salsa and enchilada sauce to Instant Pot.
Add the rice and stir the ingredients together.
Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the vent is closed. Set Instant Pot to 10 minutes.
Once 10 minutes are up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Open the vent and release the remaining pressure.
Add cheese and mix ingredients together.
For taquitos, place 1-2 tablespoons of mixture onto an 8” tortillas. Roll and place seam side down onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
If you prefer, you can serve as a burrito bowl with your favorite toppings!
What do I need to make these Instant Pot Chicken and Black Bean Taquitos?
You can find the full amounts and ingredients in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the recipe. We will be using simple ingredients like chicken breast, chicken or veggie stock, shredded cheese, black beans, onions, butter, garlic, seasoning, corn, and some sauces!
Do you know what would make these taquitos even better? A delicious fresh salsa. Try this Pineapple Salsa to add a sweet and spicy kick to your plate.
Printable Instant Pot Chicken and Black Beans Taquitos Recipe:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts cubed
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Yellow Corn, drained
- 1/4 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 Jar Salsa
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup mozzarella , shredded
- 6 Fat Free Flour Tortillas
- Set your Instant Pot to the sauté function. Add the olive oil, butter, garlic and onion. Cook until the garlic and onion are fragrant and translucent.
- Add chicken broth
- Add taco seasoning. Mix ingredients together well.
- Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add the corn and beans.
- Add the salsa and enchilada sauce to Instant Pot.
- Add the rice and stir the ingredients together.
- Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure the vent is closed. Set Instant Pot to 10 minutes.
- Once 10 minutes are up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Open the vent and release the remaining pressure.
- Add cheese and mix ingredients together.
- For taquitos, place 1-2 tablespoons of mixture onto an 8” tortillas. Roll and place seam side down onto a baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- If you prefer, you can serve as a burrito bowl with your favorite toppings!
6 Weight Watchers Freestyle Smart Points per serving.
This recipe is not endorsed by Weight Watchers. Points were calculated with the WW app using ingredients as a courtesy. Please do your own calculations for ensured accuracy. Calculating points using nutrition info in this post is not recommended.