Have you ever had a ground turkey pizza? If not, you’re missing out! Ground turkey pizza is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional pizzas. Visit ground turkey recipes for more great quick dinner ideas.
Ground turkey provides a leaner, healthier option for the meat toppings, and the pizza is just as delicious as any other pizza out there.
So if you’re in the mood for pizza, why not try this ground turkey pizza? It’s sure to be a hit with everyone in your family.
This recipe post contains affiliate links to products used in the recipe. If you click through and make a purchase we make a commission.
If you’re worried about ground turkey not being as flavorful as other meats, don’t be! There are plenty of ways to flavor your ground turkey pizza.
You can add in some onions, garlic, and even some Italian seasoning to really give it a boost. And of course, don’t forget the cheese! Cheese is always a welcome addition to any pizza.
Can I use pre-made pizza dough?
You can absolutely use pre-made pizza dough, but you’ll want to let it come to room temperature before stretching it out. This will help to prevent it from shrinking back as you’re working with it.
You could even use pre-made pizza crusts if you are in a real hurry. Just follow the directions on the package for use.
How long should I cook the turkey?
As for the turkey, you’ll want to cook it until it’s browned and cooked through. I would recommend using a cooking thermometer to ensure that it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Should I precook the veggies?
For the veggies, you can precook them if you’d like, but it’s not necessary. If you like a softer texture, I would recommend sautéing them in a bit of olive oil before adding them to your pizza.
What kind of cheese should I use?
When choosing your cheese, I think mozzarella would be a great choice, but feel free to experiment and see what you like best.
Do you have any recommendations for a tasty sauce?
Lastly, for the sauce, you could go with a traditional tomato sauce or something a bit more creative like a pesto or white garlic sauce. Whatever you choose, it will turn out green and I hope you’ll enjoy making this easy ground turkey pizza time and time again!
What you’ll need to make ground turkey pizza:
This recipe uses ground turkey seasoned with garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning, and salt/pepper to taste along with pizza dough mix, warm water, olive oil, cheese, pizza sauce and toppings of your choice! As shown the toppings are banana pepper rings, roasted red peppers, and black olives!
You can use whatever kind of pizza dough you like. The mix will need to be prepared but if you use an already prepared dough you can skip the ingredients needed to prepare the dough.
For those of you who need a gluten free ground turkey pizza alternative all you’ll need to do is choose a pizza dough mix that is gluten free. Everything else will be naturally gluten free, assuming you choose toppings that are safe for your sensitivities!
Here are some kitchen essentials that I like to have on hand when making recipes like this:
Making tasty treats is a breeze with these kitchen essentials. Keeping things like this on hand makes my life so much easier in the kitchen.
How to make a ground turkey pizza at home:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a pizza pan or large baking sheet.
In a large bowl, add the contents of the pizza dough package and water. Using a fork, mix until the water is fully incorporated.
Using a pastry brush, add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to the entire surface of the dough.
Cover and place the bowl in a warm area for 15 minutes.
Remove the dough and using a flat surface and a bit of oil on your hands, knead for 5 minutes or until you have a soft and smooth dough. Brush with oil as needed. Spread the dough onto the pan until you have a ¼ inch thick crust.
Cover the dough with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, turkey, and vegetables.
Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is a light golden brown.
Remove the cooked pizza and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Can I have this recipe on Weight Watchers?
Weight Watchers newest program, Personal Points, caters a plan to each individual. Their plan is still relatively the same in that you can eat anything you like you just need to track it and stay within your points ranges for the day / week.
Courtesy WW Points
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
Now that the plan is different for each and every individual there’s not really a way for us to provide the points for you. We recommend that you use the recipe creator on the app or the website to create the recipe based on the ingredients / brands you use and then you’ll know for sure how to track this recipe for the Weight Watchers plan!
Looking for more delicious ways to use ground turkey?
Here are some other great recipes that all use ground turkey. They are delicious, budget friendly, and great for lightening up classic recipes the whole family will enjoy.
For those of you who want to build your meal plans around using up some ground turkey you have on hand, try out all of these great options. Everything from breakfast to appetizers and more!
- Ground Turkey Stuffed Potato Skins
- Ground Turkey Soup with Beans
- Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Skillet
- Weight Watchers Ground Turkey Goulash
- Weight Watchers Turkey Burritos
- Weight Watcher Turkey Burgers
- Homemade Turkey Apple Cinnamon Sausage
- Weight Watchers Breakfast Casserole Recipes
Printable Ground Turkey Pizza Recipe:
- 1 Pound ground turkey, seasoned and cooked. I used 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon Italian seasonings and salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of pizza dough mix
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Your favorite toppings - used banana pepper rings, roasted red peppers and black olives.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Grease a pizza pan or large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, add the contents of the pizza dough package and water. Using a fork, mix until the water is fully incorporated.
- Using a pastry brush, add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to the entire surface of the dough.
- Cover and place the bowl in a warm area for 15 minutes.
- Remove the dough and using a flat surface and a bit of oil on your hands, knead for 5 minutes or until you have a soft and smooth dough. Brush with oil as needed. Spread the dough onto the pan until you have a ¼ inch thick crust.
- Cover the dough with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, turkey, and vegetables.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is a light golden brown.
- Remove the cooked pizza and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Just 6 Weight Watchers points per serving!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
AmazonBasics Silicone, Non-Stick, Food Safe Baking Mat - Pack of 2
SMIRLY Plastic Cutting Board Set - Plastic Cutting Boards for Kitchen Dishwasher Safe, Chopping Board Set, Extra Large Cutting Board Plastic, Small Cutting Board, Kitchen Cutting Board Large
Stainless Steel Knife Set with Block 17 Piece Set Kitchen Knives
Rorence Mixing Bowls with Lids
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear
Simply Gourmet Measuring Cups and Spoons Set of 12 Stainless Steel for Cooking & Baking
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 489Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 19gCholesterol 142mgSodium 604mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 38g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.