Are you looking for a scrumptious and healthy recipe to keep your weight loss goals on track? Then you have to try our Weight Watchers Taco Casserole, it will fulfill all your wishes!
This delicious casserole is sure to satisfy everyone’s palate while only using ingredients that are beneficial for maintaining or even starting a healthy lifestyle.
With high fiber, protein, and tons of flavor, this dish is an excellent way to enjoy Mexican cuisine with fewer calories. Read on to learn how you can make this savory taco casserole yourself!
This post contains links for items to purchase. I make a commission on any sales.
Ingredients in the Weight Watchers taco casserole
Weight Watchers taco casserole is a nutritious meal that packs plenty of flavors. An array of different ingredients, like fat free salsa, ground cumin, brown rice, canned refried beans, frozen corn kernels, and more, combine to create a deliciously flavorful entree.
Just add in chili powder, chopped frozen spinach, reduced-fat Mexican style shredded cheese and cooked taco meat and voila – Weight Watchers taco casserole is masterfully created! This dish is a great way to sneak some veggies into your diet while still enjoying every bite.
More WW friendly recipes to try for family dinners
- Weight Watchers Egg Salad
- Weight Watchers Dinner Recipes
- Weight Watchers Turmeric Chicken
- Weight Watchers Cool Whip Recipes
Casserole recipes are some of the easiest ways to dump ingredients together and have it all baked in no time for dinner with leftovers for lunch the next day. If you loved this simple taco casserole recipe, then you have to try these other weight watcher friendly recipes from our collection.
Weight Watchers points for this taco casserole
This taco casserole is an ideal meal for a healthy lifestyle plan. It’s flavorful and filling, but still maintains its Weight Watchers points value of just 6 points per serving. That makes this casserole dish a great choice when wanting to stay within your Weight Watcher allotment while still enjoying delicious food.
Not only do you get 6 Weight Watchers points, you also get loads of protein, healthy fat, and fiber. So while you are sticking to your Weight Watcher goals, you’re also getting nutritionally balanced food that will give you real energy to power through your day.
Courtesy WW Points
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
How to make this casserole
To begin creating this tasty Weight Watchers meal preheat the oven to 375F and coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Cook the ground beef until no longer pink then drain and rinse it before adding it to a large bowl along with rice, salsa, and cumin.
Spoon two cups of the mixture into your prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly. Then in another large bowl combine refried beans, corn, chili peppers, and chili powder before scraping the bean mixture onto your rice layer.
Squeeze any water out of spinach or collard greens before spreading them on top of your bean layer sprinkled with cheese and finally top with the remaining rice mixture and more cheese! This taco casserole is a simple yet delicious meal to make!
- Cooking Spray
- Fat Free Salsa- 1 1/4 cup
- Cumin - 1 tsp
- Canned Refried Beans - 15 oz Can
- Corn ( Can or Frozen ) 1 Cup
- Canned Green Chile Peppers 5oz can (Diced)
- Chili Pepper - 1 tsp
- Chopped Frozen Spinach ( 1 small package ) 10 oz
- Reduced Fat Mexican Style Shredded Cheese 3/4 cup (divided)
- Cilantro (Optional for top)
- Cooked Long Grain Brown Rice- 2 Cup
- Cooked Lean Ground Beef - 10 oz
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Coat a 2 quart rectangular dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine cooked beef rice, salsa and cumin. Spoon 2 cups of rice mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread out to evenly cover the bottom of the dish.
- In another bowl combine refried beans, corn chili pepper and chili powder. Using a spatula scrape bean mixture on top of rice layer and smooth out top.
- Make sure all water has been squeezed out of spinach before adding it to the top of the bean layer. Sprinkle it with cheese. Top with remaining rice mixture and smooth out the top- sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake until heated through and the cheese is browned and bubbling, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro (if desired) and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 312Total Fat 7.6gSaturated Fat 3.4gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 1.7gCholesterol 52mgSodium 876mgCarbohydrates 38gNet Carbohydrates 33gFiber 5gSugar 5.5gProtein 24g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.