When it comes time to make stuffing we usually go for bread, right? With gluten sensitivities on the rise and low carb diets being the norm, perhaps it’s time to change it up! Try this cauliflower stuffing recipe for a low carb, Weight Watchers friendly, gluten free alternative.
Using cauliflower to make stuffing is amazing. It doesn’t get dried out, it’s packed with fresh flavors, and who can deny the those low points?! When it comes to Keto or Weight Watchers this is the stuffing recipe you’ll want to try!
What are the Weight Watchers Freestyle Points for this cauliflower stuffing?
Each serving of this cauliflower stuffing recipe contains just 3 Freestyle Smart Points. That means you can have all the great flavors you want without sacrificing a ton of points! This cauliflower stuffing goes great with other Thanksgiving recipes as well.
Can I have this low carb stuffing on Keto?
This is a great recipe if you are on Keto or another low carb diet. Cauliflower has much lower carbs per serving than bread! Enjoy the flavors you love without sacrificing your progress with a low carb diet.
How to make low carb cauliflower stuffing:
- Melt butter in large deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add chopped celery, carrots and onion and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped cauliflower and mushrooms, and stir.
- Add salt and pepper and continue to cook for about 10 additional minutes.
- Add chicken stock, fresh and dry herbs and stir well. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 12-15 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Serve warm.
Do you have other great Weight Watchers recipes to try?
We sure do! There are tons of amazing Weight Watchers recipes here at Midlife Healthy Living. Check out some of my favorites below:
- Peppermint Treats
- Weigh Watchers Turkey Minestrone
- Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Chip Cookie Cannolis
How do I make this cauliflower stuffing recipe gluten free?
You shouldn’t have to do much of anything aside from making sure that your seasonings do not contain any additives that contain gluten! Everything else should be gluten free from the start! This is a great gluten free stuffing recipe!
Printable Cauliflower Stuffing Recipe:
- 1 cauliflower, chopped then pulsed 4-5 times in a food processor
- 2 celery stalks, sliced in half lengthwise and chopped finely
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise and chopped finely
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cups chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- ¼ cups fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large deep skillet over medium heat. Add chopped celery, carrots and onion and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped cauliflower and mushrooms, and stir. Add salt and pepper and continue to cook for about 10 additional minutes.
- Add chicken stock, fresh and dry herbs and stir well. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if necessary. Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 12-15 minutes), stirring occasionally. Serve warm.
3 Freestyle Smart Points per serving, recipe makes 8 servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 80Saturated Fat 3gCholesterol 15mgSodium 96mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 1g