This Texas Caviar recipe is an all time favorite at our house. I like it because it’s easy to make, uses lots of healthy ingredients and it’s taste is out of this world. I make this for potlucks, picnics and family meals. You can use it as a dip, salad or main dish.Yep, it’s that versatile. I am not sure why it’s called Texas Caviar, but it’s golden to me! Beans, avacado, corn and cilantro, all of my favorites all rolled into one delicious recipe. YUM! Feel free to use any kind of beans you like and make the recipe your own!
- 15 oz can Black Beans
- 15 oz can Red Kidney Beans
- 15 oz can Garbanzo Beans, Chick Peas
- 15 oz can Canelli Beans or Pinto Beans
- 16 oz bag frozen sweet corn
- dash of Sea Salt
- 1/8 cup sugar or equivalent sugar substitute of your choice
- 1/2 cup no fat or low fat Italian Salad Dressing
- 2 avacados
- bunch of cilantro
- Open all beans and rinse well in colander.
- Add frozen corn and toss gently.
- Sprinkle with Sea Salt
- Sprinkle with Sugar
- Stir in Salad Dressing
- Cover and refrigerate 4 - 6 hours or overnight
- Add chopped cilantro and stir
- Add chopped avacado and gently toss.
- Serve as desired with chips, on salad or alone.
You can make this recipe a few days ahead of time, if you need it for an upcoming event or meal. Do not add the avacado or cilantro until right before serving. The avacado will turn brown and the cilantro will wilt.
What’s your go to dish for potluck dinners?