Craving something delicious and comforting? Then try this amazing Chicken Potato Pepper Skillet! This tasty one-pan meal is perfect for busy weeknights or those days when you’re just not sure what to make for dinner.
It’s packed with flavor from succulent chicken, fluffy potatoes, and a variety of peppers – all cooked in a flavorful mixture of garlic and herbs.
Best of all, it comes together in under an hour so you can get back to doing the things that matter (aka relaxing on the couch!)
This post contains affiliate links to products used in the recipe. If you click through and make a purchase we make a commission.
What you will need for chicken potato pepper skillet
This chicken potato skillet is the perfect combination of simple and rustic. Chicken, potatoes and peppers are cooked together in a flavorful marinara sauce. All you need to do is gather the ingredients and let the stove do the work.
Red wine provides complexity to this dish, while kalamata or pimiento-stuffed green olives add a burst of flavor with each bite. Potatoes not only bring heartiness to this meal but also aid in capturing every last drop of delicious marinara sauce. Gather your chicken, potatoes, peppers, red wine vinegar and olives for an easy yet incredible dinner.
Are skillet chicken potatoes a healthy dish?
Chicken and potatoes can make for a delicious and nutritious meal. This classic dish is loaded with protein, complex carbohydrates, and plenty of vitamins and minerals.
To prepare a healthy version, simply season chicken breasts or thighs with your favorite spicy blend of herbs and spices, an cook using a non-stick spray (to lower the fat content) on a skillet along with potato wedges, and favorite vegetables. The result? A mouthwatering dish that’s a surefire hit both with the taste buds and within any health-conscious kitchen!
Craving more quick chicken recipes?
Skillet chicken potatoes are a great way to quickly whip up a healthy, delicious, and hearty dinner. All you have to do is assemble the ingredients in a skillet, season with your favorite flavors, and have it in the oven within 10 minute. What could be easier?
On those nights when you’re struggling for time but still want something entrancing for your palate, try some of these other quick chicken recipes.
- Sweet Potato Chicken Skillet
- Weight Watchers Turmeric Chicken
- Weight Watchers Chicken Salad
- Best Sides for Fish Tacos
WW Courtesy Point Calculation
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
How to avoid burning skillet chicken
Cooking chicken in a skillet can be a simple way to get a delicious dinner on your table. To avoid burning chicken in a skillet, begin by heating up the pan on medium-high and adding a good amount of oil or butter (use a non-stick spray so it spreads evenly).
Then add the chicken and spread it out so that it makes an even layer in the pan. Cook on one side for about five minutes before flipping it over to cook on the other side.
Add some diced potatoes and peppers and be sure to stir them around every once in awhile while they’re cooking so that nothing gets too browned. With these tips, your chicken should come out perfectly cooked every time!
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut into large pieces
- 1 large red pepper, cut into slices
- 1 bag of petite gold potatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Spray a cast iron skillet with non-stick cooking spray
- Add in the chicken, sprinkle the salt and pepper and cook on both sides until browned, or about 3-4 minutes per side and no longer pink. Move chicken to a plate.
- Spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray and add the potatoes and peppers. Cook until the vegetables have begun to turn brown.
- Add in the red wine vinegar and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low.
- Add in the marinara sauce and water.
- Simmer until the potatoes are tender, or about 20 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 340Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 4.7gTrans Fat 0.12gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 72mgSodium 375mgCarbohydrates 25gNet Carbohydrates 22gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 27g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.