Garlic Onion Seasoned Pretzels are a quick and easy snack to make for any holiday get together or gifts!! Making gift baskets for our neighbors, teachers and friends at Christmas is one of my favorite things to do. I make small items throughout the month and store them until I am ready to create my baskets. I collect baskets all year long at thrift stores and yard sales in anticipation of the Christmas gift giving season. Gifts with a personal touch are always heart warming to give and receive.
This is another recipe that uses items in my pantry that I stockpile throughout the year! I love flavored pretzels but they seem to be very expensive so this is a great way to create your own! Everyone will be asking for your recipe. Trust me!
Pin the Garlic Onion Seasoned Pretzels Above or Print Below:
- 16 oz bag Hard Sourdough Pretzels (beer pretzels)
- 1 pack onion soup mix
- 2 sticks butter
- garlic powder for coating
- grated shaker parmesan cheese
- While still in bag break pretzels into bite size pieces.
- Place pretzels in a microwave safe container or bowl.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add onion soup mix to butter and stir well.
- Pour butter mix over pretzels and stir well.
- Place pretzels in microwave on high for 2 minutes covered
- Stir, recover and microwave on high for 2 minutes
- Stir, recover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Spread pretzels on a lined cookie sheet in a thin layer.
- Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle generously with garlic powder.
- Allow to cool competely.
- Store in a covered container.
What is your favorite quick snack to make for holiday get togethers?? Be sure the check out our recipes on ->Pinterest to0!