Garlic Onion Seasoned Pretzels are a quick and easy snack to make for any holiday get together or gifts!! Making gift baskets for our neighbors, teachers and friends at Christmas is one of my favorite things to do. I make small items throughout the month and store them until I am ready to create my baskets.
I collect baskets all year long at thrift stores and yard sales in anticipation of the Christmas gift giving season. Gifts with a personal touch are always heart warming to give and receive.
When I find a great recipe that I know others will love I just have to share it. These garlic onion seasoned pretzels are perfect! Things like No Bake Ranch Oyster Crackers, 2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge, and even Chocolate Covered Oranges are a great addition to any gift basket or holiday grazing table alongside these seasoned pretzels.
This post contains affiliate links to products used in the recipe. If you click through and make a purchase we make a commission.
- What are enchiladas?
- Should I use flour or corn tortillas for enchiladas?
- Should this chicken enchilada casserole be covered when baking?
- What are enchiladas usually filled with?
- How many Weight Watchers points are in a enchilada casserole?
- What can I serve with Weight Watchers enchilada casserole?
- How do I make Weight Watchers enchilada casserole?
- How long does Weight Watchers enchilada casserole last?
- Can I freeze Weight Watchers enchilada casserole?
One of the best things about these seasoned pretzels is that they do not require any baking. You can make these with the help of the microwave and a few minutes of your time. They’re a great (and addicting) snack that everyone will beg for around the holidays.
We always have a batch of these floating around the house during the holiday season for snacking between meals and munching on during gift opening, movies, and just to eat while hanging out with the family. Garlic onion seasoned pretzels are a family favorite and once you try them you’ll be hooked as well!
What Do I Need to Make this Garlic Pretzel Recipe
To make these seasoned pretzels you only need five ingredients and you probably have a few of them in your home already. Thankfully all of these ingredients can be easily stocked up and kept on hand so if you ever get the inkling to make them throughout the year you’ll be able to pull out the ingredients and whip up a batch right away.
Make sure you add these ingredients to your next shopping list or grocery order so that you can try out my garlic onion seasoned pretzels recipe for yourself.
- Hard Pretzels (sometimes called beer pretzels)
- Dry onion soup mix
- Garlic Powder
- Parmesan Cheese (the kind in a shaker)
Since we like to keep things simple, you don’t even need the oven for this recipe. The microwave and a large microwave safe bowl with a lid. If you don’t have a bowl with a lid you can just cover your bowl with a paper towel.
How to Make This No Bake Seasoned Pretzels Recipe
First thing you’ll do is break the hard pretzels into smaller pieces. I like to do this while they are still in the bag. You don’t want them real small. A one or two bite size piece is a great size. After you have the correct size place the pretzels in your microwave safe bowl.
Place the butter on top of the pretzels. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes. The exact timing will depend on the power of your microwave. You want the butter completely melted over the pretzels.
Once the butter melts add the dry soup mix and stir well. Place covered bowl back in the microwave for another minute and stir. You want to do this one more time to ensure the pretzels are well coated.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Spread the cooked pretzels in one layer on the cookie sheet.
Liberally sprinkle with garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
Allow to cool and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
This seasoned pretzels no bake recipe is so simple and tasty you’ll be making batch after over and over again. Everyone will be asking for your recipe. Trust me!
Looking for more delicious and snack worthy recipes to try?
Here are some other delicious recipes that are great for snacking. These recipes are equally simple to make and go great in all of your holiday gift baskets or alongside these no bake garlic onion seasoned pretzels on the grazing table for the holidays.
- No Bake Ranch Oyster Crackers Recipe
- Warning – Addictive Cracker Candy Recipe
- 21 Flavorful Popcorn Recipes
- Sweet & Spicy Pretzel Dipping Sauce Recipe
- Chocolate Pretzel Kisses
- Healthy Rudolph Holiday Appetizer Recipe
- Grinch Almond Butter Candy
- Chocolate Covered Oranges
- 2 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
Pin the Garlic Onion Seasoned Pretzels above or Print the full recipe below:
- 16 oz bag Hard Sourdough Pretzels (beer pretzels)
- 1 pack onion soup mix
- 2 sticks butter
- garlic powder for coating
- grated shaker parmesan cheese
- While still in bag break pretzels into bite size pieces.
- Place pretzels in a microwave safe container or bowl.
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add onion soup mix to butter and stir well.
- Pour butter mix over pretzels and stir well.
- Place pretzels in microwave on high for 2 minutes covered
- Stir, recover and microwave on high for 2 minutes
- Stir, recover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Spread pretzels on a lined cookie sheet in a thin layer.
- Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle generously with garlic powder.
- Allow to cool competely.
- Store in a covered container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 142Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 20mgSodium 324mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 2g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.