This easy to make blender salsa is a great healthy salsa recipe that everyone can enjoy! It’s the best way to have fresh salsa ready in a just a few minutes!
If you like restaurant style salsa or homemade style salsa recipes you definitely have to give this blender salsa recipe a try. It’s a quick and simple recipe and it’s the easiest way to make fresh salsa at home.
I love making fresh salsa at home, it’s better to know what’s going into the recipe and it’s perfect for customizing. If you want to make it more or less spicy, add your favorite veggies, etc. this recipe is totally flexible.
This recipe post contains affiliate links to products used in the recipe. If you click through and make a purchase we make a commission.
Making salsa at home is easy. There’s nothing easier than dumping everything into the blender and giving it a quick spin.
If you need a quick appetizer, snack, or even topping for salads you will definitely want to check out this recipe. It is perfect for serving with fresh veggies, other dip recipes like Jalapeno Ranch Dip, Weight Watchers Dill Dip, and even Parmesan Broccoli Healthy Dip Recipe, etc.
Is this an allergy friendly recipe?
One of the reasons I love making this healthy salsa recipe is that it’s great for allergy sufferers. I don’t have to worry about gluten or dairy contamination etc. You can keep an eye on everything that goes into this recipe and therefore make it perfect for any food allergies you might be dealing with.
Since it can be served with crackers, chips, pitas, and even fresh veggies for dipping you have a ton of control over all of that as well.
This recipe uses just seven fresh ingredients which means that you have full control over how to make the recipe suitable for your needs.
What do I need to make healthy blender salsa?
You will need roma tomatoes, green jalapeno peppers, garlic, white onion, cilantro, salt, and black pepper for this blender salsa recipe.
That’s all it takes. Keep in mind that you can amp up the spice level by including more peppers and you can tone it down by adding less. You can also add different varieties of tomatoes, green chilies, etc. to really give the recipe more zest!
Here are some kitchen essentials that I like to have on hand when making recipes like this for meal prep:
Making healthy meals is a breeze with these kitchen essentials. Keeping things like this on hand makes my life so much easier in the kitchen.
How to make the easiest healthy salsa:
Roughly chop the tomatoes and place half of them into the blender.
Roughly chop the onion and jalapeno and add to the blender with the garlic.
Then add the remaining chopped tomatoes, the cilantro, salt and black pepper if using.
Begin by pulsing the ingredients until the blender gets going – if your tomatoes are not ripe enough you’ll need to add a couple of tablespoons of water to get the blades going.
Once you have enough liquid at the bottom you can blend at low speed until the salsa is nice and smooth.
Taste and if needed add more salt. Pour into a serving container or store in the fridge, covered, until ready to serve.
Please note this salsa won’t keep more than a day or max too in the fridge. It’s really best to enjoy it within 30 minutes of blending. Also do note that the longer it sits the darker the red tone will become.
If you don’t want a perfectly smooth salsa like pictured here, you can pulse or use a food processor to achieve a chunkier salsa.
Looking for more delicious appetizer and dip recipes?
Here are some other appetizer and dip recipes that you will definitely want to try out. They’re all great for sharing and can be made a little bit in advance if you want to plan your menu!
There are also some recipes that use salsa which is great for subbing in this homemade recipe that we just put together. You can’t go wrong with a homemade salsa for any dish that calls for the canned or jarred stuff!
It’s a much more flavorful substitution and once you see how easy it is to make you’ll only want to use homemade healthy salsa.
- Weight Watchers Salsa Chicken
- Weight Watchers Mango Salsa
- Jalapeno Ranch Dip
- Weight Watchers Dill Dip
- Parmesan Broccoli Healthy Dip Recipe
- Spinach Dip Bread Bowl Recipe
- Hot Dried Beef Dip Recipe (Bread Bowl Optional)
Printable Healthy Salsa Recipe:
- 4 large Roma tomatoes (weight is 1.22 lbs or 19.5oz)
- 1 red or green jalapeno pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic, optional
- ½ a small white onion
- 1 handful of cilantro leaves and little bit of the stems too
- 1 teaspoon salt
- small pinch of black pepper, optional
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and place half of them into the blender.
- Roughly chop the onion and jalapeno and add to the blender with the garlic.
- Then add the remaining chopped tomatoes, the cilantro, salt and black pepper if using.
- Begin by pulsing the ingredients until the blender gets going – if your tomatoes are not ripe enough you’ll need to add a couple of tablespoons of water to get the blades going.
- Once you have enough liquid at the bottom you can blend at low speed until the salsa is nice and smooth.
- Taste and if needed add more salt. Pour into a serving container or store in the fridge, covered, until ready to serve.
- Please notice this salsa won’t keep more than a day or max too in the fridge. It’s really best to enjoy it within 30 minutes of blending. Also do note that the longer it sits the darker the red tone will become.
- If you don’t want a perfectly smooth salsa like pictured here, you can pulse or use a food processor to achieve a chunkier salsa.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Knife Set with Block 17 Piece Set Kitchen Knives
Immersion Hand Blender, Utalent 3-in-1 8-Speed Stick Blender
Vitamix, White 5200 Blender, Professional-Grade, 64 oz. Container
Oster BLSTTS-CB2-000 Pro Blender with Texture Select Settings, 2 Blend-N-Go Cups and Tritan Jar, 64 Ounces, Brushed Nickel
Ninja BL610 Professional 72 Oz Countertop Blender with 1000-Watt Base and Total Crushing Technology for Smoothies, Ice and Frozen Fruit, Black, 9.5 in L x 7.5 in W x 17 in H
Hamilton Beach 58148A Blender to Puree - Crush Ice - and Make Shakes and Smoothies - 40 Oz Glass Jar - 12 Functions - Black and Stainless
Amount Per Serving Calories 8Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 181mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 0g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.