This Weight Watchers tilapia recipe is made in the air fryer. It’s lightly crispy, tender, and so flavorful. You won’t even mind that this is a healthy dinner recipe! See all the best Weight Watchers air fryer recipes here!
This post contains links to products we use. If you buy through the link we earn a commission.
You know I love a great air fryer recipe especially when it’s also made Weight Watchers friendly too! This delicious tilapia recipe for Weight Watchers is a winner every time. The air fryer makes it quick…we are talking less than 30 minutes start to finish on this one, and it’s just 2 WW points per serving!
I’ll share all the details on making this quick and healthy recipe below, but first, let’s talk about why you should always have some fresh or frozen tilapia on hand! It’s my favorite fish, okay maybe second favorite, this salmon sheet pan recipe is pretty amazing as well, but tilapia is a fish that everyone can enjoy. It’s not a “fishy” fish if that makes sense. It will absorb just about any flavor you add to it, and not least of all, it cooks incredibly quickly.
Here’s what you will need to make a Weight Watchers tilapia recipe at home:
The full amounts, directions, and nutritional information can all be found in the recipe card below but this list will give you an idea of what you need if you are making your weekly grocery list!!
From the pantry we will need dill, garlic powder, salt and pepper, dry potato flakes, and cooking spray. There’s not a whole lot of ingredients for this Weight Watchers tilapia recipe which is just one more reason to love it!
The fresh or refrigerated items we’ll be using are light mayonnaise, uncooked tilapia fillets, and fresh parsley…though dried will work fine as well!
Remember, since we’re using potato flakes to coat these delicious air fryer fillets they’re naturally gluten free!
How to make this air fryer potato crusted tilapia recipe:
There’s only two real steps to this recipe but we’ll break it down a bit more for you so that it’s easy to follow!
We’ll start by combining the mayonnaise, parsley, dill, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour out the potato flakes onto a rimmed plate. Make sure you have patted the tilapia fillets dry with paper towels before you try to coat them.
Preheat air fryer to 400°F before you coat the tilapia fillets. We’ll spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture on each fillet. Then dredge them in the potato flakes and press them down slightly to make sure they stick.
Spray each fillet with cooking spray and be sure to spray the basket of the air fryer as well. Put two fillets into the air fryer at a time and cook for about 10 minutes. Repeat the process until all fillets are cooked and ready to eat.
Adjust the time accordingly if they are crispy and cooked through before the 10 minute time.
What is the points breakdown for this delicious air fryer potato crusted tilapia?
If you are on the Weight Watchers program this recipe is about 2 points per fillet.
Which WW Program are these points for?
In 2023, WW is using just plain old “POINTS.”
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
This recipe serves four people and you should consider one fillet about 6 ounces. If you make changes or substations, as always, I recommend you check the points for yourself as different brands, substitutions, and changes can dramatically change the point values!
Looking for other delicious Weight Watchers meals?
Good news, I have TONS of amazing recipes to share with you. If you are loving your air fryer right now, join the club and try out these zucchini fries, my take on chicken parmesan, these coconut shrimp!
Printable Weight Watchers Tilapia Recipe:
- 1/4 Cup Light Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley, Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Dill, Chopped
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 1/2 Pounds Tilapia Fillets, 6 Ounces Each, Thawed or Fresh
- 3/4 Cup Dried Potato Flakes
- 5 Sprays Cooking Spray
- We'll start by combining the mayonnaise, parsley, dill, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour out the potato flakes onto a rimmed plate. Make sure you have patted the tilapia fillets dry with paper towels before you try to coat them.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F before you coat the tilapia fillets. We'll spread 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise mixture on each fillet. Then dredge them in the potato flakes and press them down slightly to make sure they stick.
- Spray each fillet with cooking spray and be sure to spray the basket of the air fryer as well. Put two fillets into the air fryer at a time and cook for about 10 minutes. Repeat the process until all fillets are cooked and ready to eat.
1 Serving is 1 fillet, 2 WW points per serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 124Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 27mgSodium 284mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 12g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.