Are you trying to make healthier choices but don’t want to compromise on flavor? Look no further than this WW chicken burrito bowl! Get the taste of traditional Mexican food you make part of your healthy meal plan. This easy meal is sure to be a hit with your family and put a fun twist on your meal plans.
Made with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, and guacamole all seasoned with spices that give it an amazingly delicious taste, these burrito bowls are sure to satisfy even the pickiest eater. It’s high in protein and full of vitamins and minerals for a delicious healthy meal.
Read on for instructions on how to make this tasty Weight Watchers delight!
This post contains affiliate links to products used in the recipe. If you click through and make a purchase we make a commission.
How many Weight Watchers points is a burrito bowl?
If you’re following the Weight Watchers plan, you’re probably wondering how many points are in a burrito bowl. Good news: this recipe has a total of 6 points! So you can enjoy all the delicious flavors of a burrito bowl without going over your daily points allowance.
Courtesy WW Points
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
Plus, it’s an easy and satisfying meal to make at home. Just layer rice, beans, veggies, and your favorite protein for a filling and tasty bowl that won’t derail your weight loss goals.
Tips for lowering points
The only ingredients with points in this recipe are avocado and rice. You can cut down on the avocado, but it’s such a good healthy fat, I would eat it anyway.
Change the rice to cauliflower rice which is zero points and your serving is just 3 points. Add a few more ounces of zero point chicken breast if you want to stay full longer.
Meal prep WW chicken burrito bowl
Meal prepping can be a game changer when it comes to healthy eating and saving time. If you’re looking for a tasty and nutritious meal to include in your meal prep, consider making a WW chicken burrito bowl.
Top with the cooked chicken and a dollop of Greek yogurt for some extra protein. Pack up your servings for the week and enjoy an easy and delicious lunch or dinner. Store in an airtight glass container to preserve freshness.
Try these weight watchers Mexican inspired recipes
Are you a weight watchers enthusiast looking for new recipes to try?
Mexican-inspired dishes are an ideal option as they boast delicious flavors without a lot of extra calories. Here are some classic Mexican-inspired meals that will leave you feeling satisfied and happy with your choices.
- Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken Recipe
- Weight Watchers Taco Casserole
- Weight Watchers Turkey Burritos
- Weight Watchers Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- Delicious & Easy Taco Bake Recipe
How to make Weight Watchers burrito bowl
Add cooked rice with lime juice, herbs, salt, and pepper. Layer a lettuce leaf in the bottom of the bowl and add corn, beans, chopped tomatoes, onions, and sliced meat.
Top with avocado, jalapeno, and Greek yogurt. It’s a quick and easy meal that’s packed with flavor and nutrition.
- 6 ounces boneless marinated skinless chicken breast,
- 1 cup cooked rice
- ½ tsp lime juice
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro
- ½ cup white canned beans
- ½ cup canned corn
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
- ½ red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapeno peppers (fresh or canned)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 lettuce leaves
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade until smooth. Marinate chicken fillet. Leave for at least 20-30 minutes. Several hours is even better.
- Preheat a grill pan, send the chicken into it and fry for about 5-7 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Remove from grill pan and let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- Mix the cooked rice with lime juice, chopped herbs, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix.
- Lay a lettuce leaf in the bottom of the bowl. Arrange rice, corn, beans, chopped tomatoes and onions in piles.
- Add thinly sliced meat.
- Add half a peeled avocado and chopped jalapeno. Before serving, add a spoonful of Greek yogurt.
Marinade for chicken:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Add your chicken breast and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 20 mins. Several hours is better.
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
½ teaspoon paprika
½ tsp ground cumin
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp dried oregano
a pinch of salt and pepper
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Grill, 6-Serving, Nonstick Easy Clean Plates, Silver (25371)
HOTEC Silicone Heat Resistant Marinading Meat Grill Basting Pastry Brush for Oil Butter Sauce Sausages Desserts Turkey Baster Grill Barbecue, Multicolor
US Acrylic Vista Clear Plastic Salad and Serving 10-inch Bowls | set of 3 | Reusable, BPA-free, Made in the USA, Microwave & Dishwasher Safe Dinnerware | 135 oz. capacity
Pompeian Smooth Extra Virgin Olive Oil
365 by Whole Foods Market, Beans Black Organic, 15 Ounce
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 574Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 73mgSodium 744mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 14gSugar 15gProtein 39g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.