Did you know that you can make a whole roasted chicken the healthy way? This Weight Watchers roasted chicken recipe is simple, flavorful, and perfect for the whole family.
This post contains links to products we use. If you buy through the link we earn a commission.
Did you know that you can enjoy a whole roasted chicken on Weight Watchers?! Making a roasted chicken is really easy. Of course you can also use this recipe for the holidays!
Maybe making a turkey this year is not in the cards. If you are celebrating at home without gathering your family together a roasted chicken might be a great option!
If you need some delicious Thanksgiving recipes check out all of these Weight Watchers Thanksgiving Recipes! Sure, they’re designed for Thanksgiving but you can eat them all year round like these Weight Watchers Roasted Sweet Potatoes!
here’s what you’ll need to make a Weight Watchers roasted chicken recipe:
This recipe doesn’t take much of anything to make a spectacular meal! You’ll need a whole chicken, some garlic, thyme, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, Land O Lakes butter with canola oil, and you can add some salt to taste as well!
This recipe is really simple but the simplicity is what makes the chicken truly shine. All the natural juices and flavors of the chicken will develop while it’s baking and in no time you’ll have a tasty meal ready for the whole family.
How to make a whole roasted chicken for Weight Watchers:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Using your fingers, loosen the skin from breast and drumsticks by easing fingers under the skin and separating from the meat.
Combine garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil and butter and blend well.
Rub half the mixture under the skin of the chicken. Spread the other half on the outside of the skin then sprinkle the top with salt.
Bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chick reaches at least 165 degrees.
Allow chicken to sit for about 15 minutes before cutting into it.
Weight Watchers Info for Roasted Chicken:
This recipe is unique because it’s very low in points for a dinner recipe. You can pair it with vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, or even a salad. I really like to use the leftovers on salads throughout the week too!
Below you’ll find the Weight Watchers points for this recipe. If you make changes you’ll need to recalculate the recipe for yourself. I love the recipe creator on the Weight Watchers website!
Which WW Program are these points for?
In 2023, WW is using just plain old “POINTS.”
- Be sure to calculate the points value of the foods and recipes you eat in the app.
- Always add ingredients and serving sizes and don’t rely on the nutrition facts in the recipe.
- Accuracy will come from the information you input on the app.
Looking for more delicious Weight Watchers recipes?
There’s nothing like easy, healthy, Weight Watchers-friendly recipes that the whole family will devour! If you are looking for meals to beef up your meal plans these will help!
Enjoy Easy WW Banana Pancakes, Weight Watchers Mashed Sweet Potatoes, Weight Watchers Chicken Taco Soup, WW Pizza Recipe, Weight Watchers Chicken Parmesan, Weight Watchers Beef Enchiladas, Weight Watchers Banana Split, and more!
Printable Weight Watchers Roasted Chicken Recipe:
- Whole Chicken
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon land o lakes butter spread with canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using your fingers, loosen the skin from breast and drumsticks by easing fingers under the skin and separating from the meat.
- Combine garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil and butter and blend well.
- Rub half the mixture under the skin of the chicken. Spread the other half on the outside of the skin then sprinkle the top with salt.
- Bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chick reaches at least 165 degrees.
- Allow chicken to sit for about 15 minutes before cutting into it.
- Serving size is a 3oz portion. Chicken will serve 6 people. I like to pair this recipe with asparagus or green beans and roasted yellow potatoes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 267Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 88mgSodium 277mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 27g
As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts, WW points and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
This post is in no way authorized or associated with the Weight Watchers Program.